Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zombie number two

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Ferg polycounter lvl 17
While I put the final touches on Joe's new weapons, I've started another zombie model. The poly count is a little higher than I'd like it to be... eh. Crits on this guy would be much appreciated, as would any comments about how well he's fitting with the other two characters. At the very least, it feels like I'm gonna have to go back through and unify the color scheme a little better. What about design-wise, do the proportional exaggerations look like they belong in the same world?

Other character links: [EDIT: servers back up, links working again]
Zombo Joe
Zombie 1

zombie2b.jpgzombie2wip.jpg

Replies

• Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Hahahaha, awesome concept! I loved the last two so this one should rock just as hard. I'll be watching!

-caseyjones
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    This is probably the most fun concept out of the three so far. Can't wait to see this guy come to life. :]
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice usage of polys
  • spinal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spinal polycounter lvl 17
    Awesome stuff Ferg, nice concept. I agree that this one looks to be loads of fun! Nice topology too. Can't wait for the texture.grin.gif
  • ultra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ultra polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work Ferg, really nice
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    awesome concept - and yes it matches the previous quite well - minor suggestion - maybe use a few polys/aplha plane across his forehead for his sweeping hair....(since i assume you're not gonna mirror his head texture because of it's assemitricalllll...y)-(and then you could mirror his face!)

gotta give a mechanic a chance to use his ZOMBIE brill creme heh...
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    thanks much for the comments guy smile.gif

achmed - I thought about doing that, I still might... luckily thats something I can add later without adding too much extra work for myself.

I had the highpoly about 50% done in mudbox when I realized that I don't really have anything in my portfolio that's "applicable" in the games industry. Sure, zombies are fun, but they don't convince employers that I can handle the more realistic badass type stuff in development right now. So until I can crank out a model or two in a more quake/doom/ut2k7 style... I probably wont work on this again. Mark my words though, I WILL finish this guy, and continue my zombie game project. Thanks for you time and words guys!
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    I like this guy. smile.gif That model just screams SDK!!! Come on man! Let the community have a crack at texturing him, too. wink.gif

As for a crit, I like how his wrists are skinnier in the concept. Maybe consider cutting another loop in each arm to make the wrists thinner but keep the hands the same size.