Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Dominance War II - Jaco

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Jaco polycounter lvl 17
This Shadow is a sabotage, assassination, recon and demolitions expert. He uses speed, agility and poison based attacks get as far as possible behind enemy lines. His mission, once behind enemy lines, is to spread death and disease, whilst reporting on the enemy's positions (via a feed that is sent from his goggles)
His main weapon is poison. He has a variety of grenades that contain deadly viruses that spread from soldier to soldier at an incredibly rapid rate. He also uses it to poison the enemy's water supply and rations.
He has the ability to jump great distances, and use his tail both as a weapon and a method of hiding. (can wrap his tail around roof supports or pipes, and hang hidden in the shadows)

I’ve done some thumbnails, and this is the one I’ve settled on:

Thumb1.jpg

Update 11th March

SmallUpdt.jpg

The thing around the shield is temporary.

Close-up of the chest shield:

ShieldThing.jpg

Update 5th March

Update! I don't know if I'm going to keep the head as it is... The things poking out behind him are part of a poison generator, those crystals are melted and the resultant acid pumped into his blood stream.

Grey.jpg

Back.jpg

Paintover of where I'm heading:

Paint.jpg

Update 3rd March

Small update, still blocking in the armour.
That's cloth wrapped around his pelvis. Greebles pending.

ArmorStart2.jpg

Update 1st March

Some progress on the basemesh, and I've started blocking in the armour.

HiBody2.jpg

HiBody1.jpg

ArmourBlocl.jpg

Update 24th

The latest quick concept, there's a posion generator on his back, those crystals poking out are melted and injected into his bloodstream.

Final.jpg

Update 17th

This is basically the direction I'm going to take with the armour, minus a codpiece and some random bits of armour and cloth:

ArmorStart.jpg

He will have a poison generator on his back that generates, and then pumps a potent chemical mixture into his blood stream. This results in poison pods/grenades which grow on his upper legs (in reach of his smaller set of arms) that can be harvested and thrown at enemies. It also results in increased strength, the ability to fire slime from his palms (like Spiderman fires web), cool glowing veins and poisonous spikes on his tail.

Heads-2.jpg

Update 16th

Base3.jpg

Heads-1.jpg

Replies