Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jumping into Realism

Davidskiwan
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Davidskiwan polycounter lvl 18
Hey, I'm a long time lurker in these forum's, love the work here, some truly legendary stuff. I've never really picked up the courage to post anything here but I think it's about time I did, especially with what I've been working on lately. I've only ever really done Dragonball Z models before (I know >_<) and I just wanna get away from anime and be able to create things I want now, not only to expand my portfolio but I think It's important to learn. So I thought I'd try modeling from some good references I collected a long time ago. I'd like some crits from you all and some pointers if you can, since I havent done anything real before I dunno if I'm going wrong anywhere.

here's the refs;
refs.jpg

And the model:

Realism1.jpg

The hair I'm planning on doing with alpha's though I dunno if this is the best thing to do. Im scared of the texturing, haven't done much realism skinning, so this'll be a first, I wanted to know what on the model I should change before I get that far.

Anyway hopefully you can help, if u feel like browsing my photbucket account feel free: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v148/davidskiwan/

Replies