Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warrior Princess

polycounter lvl 17
Online / Send Message
neilberard polycounter lvl 17
Allright, I got a fresh high poly model for you guys to critique. Used some celtic influnces for the dress and jewelery. All work is done in Maya and the sword is still in progress.
Cheers!

banshee.jpg
banshee2.jpg
banshee3.jpg
banshee4.jpg

Replies

• Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    That's looking nice dude, my only crit would be about her eyebrows. I could be wrong, but they are looking just a bit funny to me. I think lowering them slightly or making them less sharp or something.
    Other than that, great job!

-caseyjones
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Everything is looking good, the armour and accessorise are looking great. Except the face which could probably use a bit more love, especially the lips. I think they need to be a bit fuller, and the line that the closed lips form is straight, it should be arched.
  • neilberard
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Thanks for crits! I'll hop on that right away. When I first started this model she looked like a total crack whore, so I'm glad that has not been noticed so far.
    -Neil
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    It looks nice. but loose the hi heels, they just don't work for that style.
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    ok a few crits; the high heels dont look very celtic, make them a little more relevant to the context at least! :P
    She is wearing a corset that is tied up - but there appears to be no tention in it - the corset should pull together at the area's were the laces are. Perhaps suggest more ribcage and flesh is under there.
    The belts around the midrift appear floaty, whats holding them up? - is it tension of being tightly wrapped around? show it.
    Also her top looks loose and baggy- once again there is no tension in it. It looks like if she attempts anything areobic she might expose herself in an embarrising manner. :O laugh.gif So that might be intentional
    Its good solid modelling and I'd really like to see you tighten things up a little, not just plcaing details on the model because you like them - but making them a part of the character by considering how they work and how they are affected by the other elements of the character. Good work so far! smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Smooth out her eyebrows. And how is she suppose to go running through the forest with heels like that? The back of her knees could use more realistic shapes. Otherwise, friggin schweet dude!
  • neilberard
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Wow, thank you so much for the input! The high heels was an experiment on my part, I was trying to lay down some armor but still give her a feminine look, but obviously breaks the style. I'll post the fixes asap.
    -Neil
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Looks good smile.gif I would try to tweak out the proportions personally, theres nothing that really stands out in particular just a bunch of little things like: her arms and hands are very small reletive to legs, her back/chest is very thick looking at it side on, her hands are a little stumpy and manish, theres a huge gap between her mouth and nose etc. I think if you tweak these things out and other things you can spot you could give her a more feminine figure which would make it look the shizzle smile.gif good work so far
  • CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    She has the "fishlip effect" as well. Make the transition between the lower lip and the rest of the face much softer near the corners. Don't mistake the change of skin colour and lip colour as a change of direction in the geometry or a hard edge, because it's not laugh.gif
  • neilberard
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Here is a quick update with tha face. Soften the eyebrows and fixed the lips, also pulled the chin in a little and adjusted the cheeks.
    banshee5.jpg
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks a lot better dude, nice job! wink.gif
  • neilberard
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Once agian, thank you guys for your comments! I have a new update, pulled the fingers out a little, tightened the belts, brought her stomach in a little more, got rid of the high heels and left sabatons. (still in progress) The hair still needs fixin. Tell me what you think so far. In reply to Asmuel, I think I'll rewrite my goal in my resume' it shall now be "to make models look the shizzel." :P
    banshee6.jpg
    banshee7.jpg
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    In reply to Asmuel, I think I'll rewrite my goal in my resume' it shall now be "to make models look the shizzel." :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol laugh.gif, I swear Im not some 14yo wigga, I tend to say dumb shit when posting for some reason. Looks much better man, can really see the progress. I thinks she'll turn out real cool smile.gif Dont be afraid to keep tweaking things out, often when you think something 'might' be a bit off, it turns out you were right. And you can alway hit undo if your wrong right confused.gif
  • Fjornsvavne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fjornsvavne polycounter lvl 17
    Looks much better now with your changes smile.gif
    You should fix the hair (as I believe you've said you will) Make it flow more natural, especially her ponytail, which for the moment looks more like cables smile.gif
    And just don't forget her eyebrows ;D Anyhow: keep it up!
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    She is missing eyelids! Otherwize me digs it with a shovel.
  • Squirmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Squirmy polycounter lvl 17
    The eyelids have a fold where they receed into the eye socket

beart5.jpg

also someone else mentioned the weighting of the accesories, mainly the necklace and belt, could be adjusted to look more natrual.
  • neilberard
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    You guys rock! Thanks for everything, once again. I'll make some more treaks to give a more natural look, and get rid of the floatyness.
    -Neil