Home Technical Talk

Posing Zbrush model

Vitor
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Vitor polycounter lvl 18
I need to pose some Zbrush model. I mean just pose it, no need for fancy rigging systems and whatever.

My idea, which i really thought it was the usual workflow, is after sculping it in a current T pose, i'd just go 1 subdivision level, export it to Max, pose it as i will, reimport it in Zb, and it would automaticaly be done as it is still the same tool.

But all i got is an extremely bugged model.

So it's my workflow what is wrong? or a bad luck bug just on this model (guess that would teach me to save a lot of different files while i work on Zb, same as everyone learn a few years back with Max frown.gif ) ?

Replies

• Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm strange, it should work. I'm guessing the vertex order was changed at some point, causing the problems back in zbrush.

When you export, make sure you have Groups unselected (tools>export>), if you have assigned polygroups to your model then exporting it would cause it to be split into pieces. Reconnecting these would change the vertex order and mess things up.

You might want to try exporting as .dxf . When I imported .obj files into Blender to uv map, it would disconnect two vertices and of course alter the vertex order. But dxf worked fine for going back and forth, might help you in max.
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18

Now it's working well. Feeling like a noob laugh.gif. It was due to rotating the model while importing it in 3dsMax. I thought the rotation didnt had any problem as what matter was the vertex order. Guess i was wrong. Still get a few bugged polys once in a while but those are easly fix.

Thx a lot for posting Lupus;) I'l try have to look up for a plugin to export as *.dxf .