Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

reworking some old stuff

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
rollin polycounter
Hi.. long time since i´v postet something
because of lack of time i´m just reworking some of my old models..

i´m still not very proud of the result but its better than the old one wink.gif

i call this finished but i would be very happy for any comments an crits

old-version

alpha-4c5_17-18.jpg

Replies

• poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Really nice man. Huge improvement. You've got a lot better handle on the subtleties in the new version. I dig his vest. Good job on the hair too.

I think the gloves and kneepads are the weakest elements at the moment.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    This looks really nice. A lot of effort when into the texture I see. There's something ever so funky about his proportions. His fingertips should really be lower than his crotch. Im thinking perhaps the entire crotch/hips/waist could be yanked up a tad?
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    hey thx

poopinmymouth: ya these parts are still from the old model, but i liked them and wanted to get finished with this guy.. but i also think these parts are the weakest ones..

daz: i know what you mean.. i had it that way some versions bevore.. but i tried to test the kind lower worn trousers look like.. (but i can´t find some image to show what i mean..) hm.. like if u take a normal jeans and wear it lower than normal.. so there is more air in it than anatomy.. wink.gif

but i definitely have some problems there whith stretching.. but anyways.. this is a point i´m still not happy with (in all my models)
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    really nice - a few crits though:
    - too much gray in the skin tone on his arms
    - the white inside of the gloves doesn't quite fit the overall color scheme - besides imho white doesn't look so well when shaded in an engine
    - i'd emphasize the folds on his trousers more and reduce the visibility of the garment pattern - unless the trousers are supposed to be made from really thick material
    - right now it must be painful to wear those knee cap protectors, what about merging the two strings into one?
  • mr.toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr.toast polycounter lvl 18
    i think the flesh needs a tad bit more saturation, seems a bit to pale to me, but nice job
  • Iruru
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Iruru polycounter lvl 18
    I like the overall concept; I especially like the texturing in the boots and vest.
    My only crit would be the highlights on the back of his arms are a lot brighter then the front; it kind of puts the texture off for me.
  • Kirin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kirin polycounter lvl 18
    He looks like Wes Borland in a way! Neato!

Anywho, I could see a seem on his right arm and it looks weird ... perhaps you could fix that somehow by either going it over using a 3d painting tool or by using the clone tools.

Also the whites on the gloves bother me a little bit ... if this model is going in a game, it should be a tad bit darker.

Aside from that, it looks great. Keep up the good work.
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    A great improvement from your old model. I would like to see little less contrast on the gloves and maybe some faint dustbrown taints too. If you want some more detail on the kneecaps you could try and use some lines that looks similar to the flexible ones you got on the flakjacket on them.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    He seems to suffer the inverted feet syndrome. Just move the left boot to right leg and right boot to left leg and see if he looks better.