Home General Discussion

ZBrush 2018: An actual feature-filled update

high dynamic range
Offline / Send Message
Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
http://https//youtu.be/FZYeHlwMCCM

http://pixologic.com/features/

Anyone else slightly hyped for the new Dynamic Tesselation? (comeon Autodesk, get your stuff together meng)

Replies

• PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Yep. Surprised it took this many years for Pixologic to incorporate the Sculptris tech into ZBrush after they bought it, but I'm glad it's finally in there. Dynamesh is great, but Sculptis approach to dynamic tessellation was always just a lot more fun to work with :)
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Project Primitive too.  I am super hyped to be able to block in Hard surface shapes quickly in Zbrush
  • philipp.bogdanovskiy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    philipp.bogdanovskiy polycounter lvl 5
    I hoped they would add voxels, but DT is great too. I just wish it wouldn’t crash every 20~30 minutes from it. In my experience R8 is far less stable build than R7. I actually feel compassionate for Autodesk - they presented they same DT feature like a week ago or so? I think it was intended to be a Mudbox competitive feature.
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    They have to clean the User Interface, I thought they were going to release a brand new version by now.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Looking forward to playing with some of this. Some of the new features seem pretty damn substantial. Is it a free upgrade?

Edit: Yup, free. Awesome.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Free as stated on ZbrushCentral in the official post, yea.
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    Has there been any updates on how they handle student licences? It is currently a bit annoying having to shell out £402.00 for a student licence currently. That and you have to go through a third party retailer to get it, as they do not offer it through their website.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    ...but they've all been feature filled updates? 
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    have n' t even installed the last update yet. its seems to have most things I need already .
    I think zbrush has crashed once on me in the last 3 months
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    crash frequeny in zbrush is very dependant on the featureset you're using. i'm a simple man so it hardly ever crashes here too - and R8 works better for me than R7 - but those who really dive into the fancy features tend to sing a different tune.

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I just wish they would improve polypaint a bit - maybe a clone brush which works properly would be nice:)
  • Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    I've got to say they are doing a incredible job with all theses features and all of that for free but I feel zBrush is becoming more like a toy than a real production tool, it's still not viable in a work environment and that's a shame... I'd love to see a version without any new fancy tools but instead updating the mains one for a studio pipeline!
  • Aabel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel polycounter lvl 6
    Burpee said:
    I've got to say they are doing a incredible job with all theses features and all of that for free but I feel zBrush is becoming more like a toy than a real production tool, it's still not viable in a work environment and that's a shame... I'd love to see a version without any new fancy tools but instead updating the mains one for a studio pipeline!
    I'm not sure I would call it a toy but I get what you are saying. My key frustration with ZBrush is how much it lives in it's own little world and the design behind the tools rarely seems to consider steps beyond just making the geometry. Sure it does a pretty good job at executing artist intent, as long as what you are intending to make is a sculpture, or can be reasonably adapted from a sculpture. From my point of view it really seems that the development of ZBrush is being driven by industries that rely on 3d printing.

Here are some of the things that I was hoping to see that I didn't show up in Zbrush 2018, please correct me if I am wrong and these are actually in ZBrush 2018.

• Alembic support
    • Open Subdivision support
    • OpenVDB support
    • Support for animation/point cache(Alembic/fbx) with the ability to sculpt over time like Chronosculpt
    • Support for importing Cameras and camera animation (being able to see your sculpt from the perspective it will be seen at)
    • UDIM support
    • Ptex support
    • Better sub tool organization
    • Linux support

While I appreciate the free upgrades, it is a double edge that cuts both ways. Pixologic is probably one of the least responsive companies when it comes to support and taking feedback from customers. After all they already got our money, and they are not asking for more money so why should they listen to customers? I don't think it's malicious, it's just what happens when you are not obligated to deliver.
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    @Aabel
    Good Points.  It may be integrated into pipelines but it does feel as if they are moving towards 3D printing rather then production pipeline work and it is this space that Autodesk could fill with Mudbox.
    I personally use 3D Coat along with a slightly older version of Mudbox, the two can work good together.  I've always had the feeling zBrush is a program onto it's self, it doesn't feel as if you can connect it to other programs.  As I mentioned, Pixologic was throwing around creating a new version of zBrush with a cleaner user interface etc for quite some time; I don't think they are are interested going down this route anymore. 
    While it's great zBrush users have gotten free upgrades up to now; the program could use a face lift.
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wesley polycounter lvl 13
    I'm kind of surprised by some of these posts... isn't zBrush an industry standard that's used in production all over the world for film, TV and games? It might not be a 'complete' package that handles production end-to-end... but, it was never meant to? I think these new tools look amazing and I'm constantly stunned at how powerful zBrush seems to be.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Burpee- you are joking right? - zbrush is so used in any amount of studios and is fully integrated in to the art pipeline.
    I really don't understand where you are coming from on this.
    still Not viable in a work environment? WTF

i have been using it as both a freelancer and a senior artist since around 2006

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee might mean that ZBrush is due for a UX/UI revamp, Ruz.
  • Aabel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel polycounter lvl 6
    Wesley said:
    I'm kind of surprised by some of these posts... isn't zBrush an industry standard that's used in production all over the world for film, TV and games?
    Yes, it is. So are Max and Maya, yet that does not stop people from criticizing those packages to no end. The main difference is ZBrush charges you once and you get updates for free, where as you continue to pay for updates with Maya and Max. People are less forgiving of the faults of Max and Maya because they are constantly paying for the software. ZBrush would face the same sea of criticism if people were paying for updates.

Just because a software is widely used does not mean it is perfect. ZBrush has a history of being pipeline hostile, that is actually why Mudbox came to be. ZBrush caused as many problems as it solved and Pixologic just didn't care to do anything about it.
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    This last update was a doozy, really looking forward to getting my hands on it.  I mainly use modo for my HSM, but i mean. this update though :open_mouth:
    , making ya boy rethink some thiiingss
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Trying to upgrade, but when I click 'update to 2018' in the license manager it just takes me to another page saying "No License Found - We are unable to locate any licenses for this email address."

hoping it's just their server being pounded

• pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    @bounchfx
    As I understand it'll come to you in your email I think? Please let us know how it goes. I imagine theres a lot of traffic today. 
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    @pmiller001 yeah I'm hoping that's the case. When I first clicked to upgrade, it had me specify which license, and after clicking accept it gave me this:

So we'll see. I'm not in a rush for it, just wanna make sure it ain't break! hehe
  • Spag_Eddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spag_Eddy greentooth
    Getting the same thing. I assume their servers are probably getting absolutely pounded right now. I'll give it a little while before I let concern set in.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Good to know Spag, yeah, will probably be OK later today or tomorrow.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What are you guys running to get the update?
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Lol it didn't strike me as that feature filled.... do have some feature requests though:

- Subtool folders
    - A proper texturing toolset similar to Mudbox with layers n sheeeat! New updated UI please Pixo
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wesley polycounter lvl 13
    Aabel said:
    Wesley said:
    I'm kind of surprised by some of these posts... isn't zBrush an industry standard that's used in production all over the world for film, TV and games?
    Yes, it is. So are Max and Maya, yet that does not stop people from criticizing those packages to no end. The main difference is ZBrush charges you once and you get updates for free, where as you continue to pay for updates with Maya and Max. People are less forgiving of the faults of Max and Maya because they are constantly paying for the software. ZBrush would face the same sea of criticism if people were paying for updates.

Just because a software is widely used does not mean it is perfect. ZBrush has a history of being pipeline hostile, that is actually why Mudbox came to be. ZBrush caused as many problems as it solved and Pixologic just didn't care to do anything about it.
    Yeah that's completely fair. It's just reading some of the posts gives the impression that zBrush isn't used as widely as it is, etc. It just reads a little odd.
  • onionhead_o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onionhead_o polycounter lvl 16
    if your end result is just a hires mesh for baking, then Zbrush is awesome. I agree with both Burpee and Aabel, zbrush is not pipeline friendly. Especially in a VFX/film, when you have to worry about scale, displacements, importing painted textures/displacement.
    -  Merging subtools but forgot to turn on uvs, opps! 
    - If you have a  mesh  facing the wrong way and try to flip it. Zbrush just goes Naa!!!  delete subdivision and mirror then Reproject please.
    - Or .....Baking 20+ UDIMs, acciendentally clicking some other program, maps bake slower and Zbrush refuses to respond.

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    re zbrush in a production pipeline, hmm naughty dog seem to manage fine:)

pixologic are pretty cool i think , free updates for all. I am not a total fanboy, just think some of the criticism here is a bit much really.
    lots of easy workarounds for problems in zbrush

onionhead_o  re  flipping the mesh which has sub d levels, try deleting lower levels, flip it then reconstruct subd's, only take a few secs

zbrush has scale tools also, have you tried scale master?

also try not pressing the wrong button or forgetting to do things, pixologic can't really plan for that i guess;)

• onionhead_o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onionhead_o polycounter lvl 16
    Sure Zbrush has been releasing awesome new tools consistently. Im not trying to undermine the great new tools they brought this release, in fact i might even grab a copy.

- flipping the mesh which has sub d levels, try deleting lower levels, flip it then reconstruct subd's, only take a few secs
    Sure you can do that, But reconstructing means that your low is no longer the same low res as before. Vertex order might change.

- zbrush has scale tools also, have you tried scale master?
    Nope I have not tried.

- also try not pressing the wrong button or forgetting to do things, pixologic can't really plan for that i guess;)
    why have keep uvs off in the first place?  it doesnt remember every session even i clicked it once. Have to click it every single time you start a new file.

Again for a game pipeline, Zbrush is king. but when it comes to feature film, its not that great. Im sure tons of zbrush users is gona get offended when I say this.

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    onionhead_o - not sure if the vertex order does change, but maybe just the act mirroring the mesh may change the vert order?
    will have to have a look a that out of interest.

re films/vfx the only problem I had was that in the film/vfx workflow, they always want a model to work with straight away, so they can test rigs etc. they really can't wait for the final retopo and it can be hard to explain this to them, since each role is separate ie rigger/animator/texture artist.

But i did loads of work for various London vfx companies and using zbrush was generally not a problem other then most people were 3d generalists, not organic sculptors

re the uv button,it's done on a per subtool basis. not really an issue for most people.
    i generally change the final low poly anyway, so keeping the vertex order is not really  a problem these days( for me at least)

BTW I don;t use a lot of the fancy new tools, I mainly sculpt and polypaint. I am NOT doing hard surface in zbrush lol
  • mazz423
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mazz423 polycounter lvl 9
    Torch said:
    - A proper texturing toolset similar to Mudbox with layers n sheeeat! New updated UI please Pixo
    This is top of my list as well, would be great to get a texture resolution based projection and painting system rather than being limited by verts with polypaint. That being said though you can already use the layers in zbrush for polypaint, there's no blending options beyond opacity/ intensity of the layer but it can be useful.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    reconstructing subdivs can affect fine level sculpt detail so generally not a good idea IMO. same as with straight up reprojection and all that. i tend to stick with really conservative ways of working to preserve vertex order and juggle meshes around outside zbrush before feeding it a new piece of geo to avoid reprojection at all costs.
    all the fancy zbrush ways seem so destructive when you look more closely. why can't their polymodeller simply work on a mesh with established subdiv levels for instance? that could be so helpful, as it is i rather do that kind of stuff in another app.
    or layers - have the wrong one toggled visible and have the one recording make a fine mess of things.

and i don't think zbrush is intended at all for pipeline work of the type mentioned further up (alembic, etc) and never will be. chronosculpt on the other hand looks interesting, first time i've heard the name. also from checking their forums it's abandonware with only a single release ever from a bunch of years ago? shame if true.

mudbox will never catch up again though. they dropped out what - 10 years ago - when the developer was still skymatter? speed has always been an issue when stepping through subdiv levels, also handily beat by zbrush in sculpting feel. nice for basic 3D painting though, i wish they'd expand on that over sculpting - then we could talk about subscription. :)

• Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    Ruz said:
    Burpee- you are joking right? - zbrush is so used in any amount of studios and is fully integrated in to the art pipeline.
    I really don't understand where you are coming from on this.
    still Not viable in a work environment? WTF

i have been using it as both a freelancer and a senior artist since around 2006

I don't see how zBrush can be fully integrated into a pipeline right now since you can't automate anything, you can't even export your displacement on a farm or something, everything has to be made by the user. Plus there is no camera support, no alembic and ... no linux support so basically it can't work with big vfx studio's pipeline

Yes every studio use it because there is no better sculpting software right now but we have to agree that zBrush has his own way to work and you can't really mix it with anything ( flipped UVs by default = why ? ) 

As Aabel said very well
    • Alembic support
    • Open Subdivision support
    • OpenVDB support
    • Support for animation/point cache(Alembic/fbx) with the ability to sculpt over time like Chronosculpt
    • Support for importing Cameras and camera animation (being able to see your sculpt from the perspective it will be seen at)
    • UDIM support
    • Ptex support
    • Better sub tool organization
    • Linux support
    are missing a LOT and also 

+ Seamless Back and forth with Maya 
    - Proper texture management, maybe thinking about setting the UVs inversed off by default...
    - The facts that you can't bake displacement without crashing your zBrush if you do anything else during the export...
    - real world scaling 
    zBrush is a great tool but I'd prefer having less fancy stuff like theses in zBrush 2018 and more boring pipeline stuff
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can anyone guesstimate how much of an effort would it be for them to revamp their UI?

I have a feeling most of us are USED to this, but if it would flow like your usual 3D programs, I think we'd be applauding right?
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Yeah, I don't think a UI revamp is really even in the cards unless you want to cause your entire userbase to have to relearn the entire thing. Unless they made it a toggle or something. I'm not really sure. I wouldn't complain if they streamlined it to be kinda maya/photoshoppy or whatnot. I don't think there's any real reason it wouldn't work, functionality wise (though I'm probably forgetting a bunch of weird shit ZB has).

Finally downloading mine. Trying to get it early yesterday broke my license and I had to file a ticket to get them to repair it, but we all good now.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    Can anyone guesstimate how much of an effort would it be for them to revamp their UI?

I have a feeling most of us are USED to this, but if it would flow like your usual 3D programs, I think we'd be applauding right?

the program is well over a decade old and had several UI reworks so far. who knows how much of that has been hacked in - i'be surprised if they themselves could give an estimate for that without a really thorough review.

i think most of us would love a regular interface, multi-screen compatibility, perhaps floating palettes outside the main window, drag and drop functionality and so on (i do not care for maya viewport controls though - have them in blender's sculpt module and in mudbox and they don't suit sculpting very well in my opinion) but with a major overhaul you tend to lose a lot of little functionality along the way, in my experience anyway.
    this wouldn't be like a reskin with a different UI framework like they did for maya and max, you'd have to rework some more basic concepts of it all. can you imagine how many iterations of Z that would take... ;)

• Aabel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel polycounter lvl 6
    Substance Painter has recently undergone a much needed UI revamp and a cleaning/refining of the code base. While it's not the sexiest release ever, from a feature oriented point of view, that kind of professional, production oriented maintenance is much appreciated and something I wish Pixologic would undertake. Maya, Max(I think), Houdini all have undergone similar production oriented overhauls over their lifetimes. I don't see why ZBrush can't.

As has been said, only a few of Zbrush's many features are truly useful in production. For a competitor to rise they don't need to copy every feature in Zbrush, just the ones necessary for production and of course be more pipeline friendly than Zbrush. In many ways ZBrush has already done all the hard work for the competition.
  • knacki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    knacki polycounter lvl 11
    Haha - the zBrush UI. As I am not  using zBrush on a daily basis, I wish they would at least:
    1. Option to see all tools listed in alphabetical order
    2. Option to hit first letter of searched item and it will jump to all named with this letter (like max modifier stack)
    3. Option to enter searching word and it function will open.

But the latest update is a blast for me.
    I started 3D sculpting with sculptris in 2010. So super easy to use. Same year DrPetter / inventor of sculptris / announced that his idea was bought by Pixologic. After a while I bought zBrush hoping to find some functions implemented. Took me ages to get in.
    Meanwhile there have been voxels in 3D coat, dynatopo in blender and "dynamesh" in zBrush. But nothing with the ease of Sculptris.

But now it is really, really lovely to see and use what they've done. Sculptris pro will be a game changer for a lot of beginners. Sculpting without caring about anything - well almost. . So much better than in sculptris and much more reliable. One can even do very thin stuff, like dragon wings. And tentacles :)
    But those Pixo maniacs are still able to do things pretty complicate.
    In Sculptris we had one detail slider controlling the tessellation.
    Zbrush needs two (SubDivide Size & UnDivide Ratio) plus brush size.
    Plus two buttons.
    All this hidden in the stroke menu.

Therefore one can control everything.
    I really do recommend to switch of "Adaptive Size" and "Combined" for tentacle like stuff. Don't forget to switch it on again, polycount is up to 3 million in seconds. But with those two options switched off and SubDivide Size higher, at 1.4 i.e. (depending on mesh size - this was a very big mesh...3x grid size / after unify, one fourth of grid, I put SubDivide Size down to 0.144 - then  you can even smooth without killing you mesh) you can use snake hook brush like move brush, but with reasonable dynamic tesselation ;)
    Play Around with wireframe "SHIFT+F" switched on, to see what's happening with tessellation, while you play with sculptris pro.
    AND! Switch off UNDO HIstory as often as you can, when saving. ( File size = 8MB without history - 3GB with history !!! ) Every step saves the complete mesh, as it is always new.

Sculptris Pro will give zBrush a completely new creative freedom for artistic works.
    Those doing finetuning stuff in zBrush will love the new "Elastic" and "Liquid" curve functions.
    Man, I felt like fighting with a boa constrictor sometimes when editing curves in zBrush. But now everything is super cool.
    Couldn't play with new deformers, I had too much fun in sculptris pro!

Sure - there could be plenty of stuff done....but I am happy in the moment :D
    Ahh - well.... I miss polygon smoothed rendering in viewport. At least when you switch on "Smooth Normals" in render properties, BPR render will show smoothed surfaces.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    I don't really get all the UI hate...I've been using it for years now, at first it had a steep learning curve but then learned it fairly quickly. It would be great to see a per-pixel texturing solution rather than what it has now, based on the polypaint res...although how difficult this would be to integrate I have no idea.

That and a waffle making function. Make it happen Pixo :P
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Burpee - maybe you have a some minor gripes with zbrush, but its certainly not unusable
    I Like it because it is mainly aimed at producing geometry. I don't really use any of the so called fancy features at the moment, but that might change in the future.
    I do wish they would put back in the normal map functionality it used to have and agree that proper texture painting would be a great thing.

Torch - yeah because of the lack of a waffle making function i may have to stop using it soon
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I'm honestly surprised to see all the love for sculptris. Every time I've tried it, it felt super sluggish and annoying to use, the sculpting wasn't impressive at all. The tech was though. I probably didn't give it enough time. So I'm excited to see how it's integrated into 2018.

If I could use it. I got my license and download, but when i start it now all it says is corrupt license... back to the support ticket queue..
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    knacki said:
    Sculptris pro will be a game changer for a lot of beginners. Sculpting without caring about anything - well almost.  

I'm not a total beginner, and I appreciate this new way of sculpting (new to me), but I think if I had gotten into this a few months ago when I had less of a clue about how to make game models, it probably would have screwed with me more than helped me. It wasn't until I basically cut Zbrush out of my workflow that I started to "get it." 

Now I am starting a new model and going to see how the sculptris method can fit into a workflow, but it seems that it can  only be used for concepting/creating a mesh that must be retopo'd down the line. So a workflow of working from a low base mesh and going up from there cannot work, right? Nonetheless, this is fun to just work purely artistically and not give a damn about anything else.

• lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Torch said:
    I don't really get all the UI hate...I've been using it for years now, at first it had a steep learning curve but then learned it fairly quickly. It would be great to see a per-pixel texturing solution rather than what it has now, based on the polypaint res...although how difficult this would be to integrate I have no idea.

That and a waffle making function. Make it happen Pixo :P
    they already have a waffle function, at least if your on a laptop, just subdivide the mesh a few times till your computer starts crashing and turns hot, then just pour the waffle mix on your keyboard and close it, wait a few minutes and ta-da, a keyboard shaped waffle! :)
  • knacki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    knacki polycounter lvl 11
    knacki said:
    Sculptris pro will be a game changer for a lot of beginners. Sculpting without caring about anything - well almost.  

I'm not a total beginner, and I appreciate this new way of sculpting (new to me), but I think if I had gotten into this a few months ago when I had less of a clue about how to make game models, it probably would have screwed with me more than helped me. It wasn't until I basically cut Zbrush out of my workflow that I started to "get it." 

Now I am starting a new model and going to see how the sculptris method can fit into a workflow, but it seems that it can  only be used for concepting/creating a mesh that must be retopo'd down the line. So a workflow of working from a low base mesh and going up from there cannot work, right? Nonetheless, this is fun to just work purely artistically and not give a damn about anything else.

More for concepts in 3D. Sure you have all the tools to go for Decimation, UV mapping and retopo.
    The question is always what is faster and depends on the needs.

• Toku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toku polycounter lvl 6
     Good update but a few features missing which I still think ZBrush REALLY needs

- Brush setting which auto-masks by angle, The topology mask rarely works
    - Some way to set the pivot to a vert (rn the only thing you can do is hide all but one triangle of your mesh and centre it)
    - Transpose Master (For rigging) could use the new gizmo to control the ZSpheres, and also some more settings regarding weights, hell even weightpainting via polypaint and using zspheres as bones would be nice
    - Some kind of grid based modelling system, They keep pushing the hard surface stuff with ZModeller Brush etc, And the core idea is there since you can manipulate verts, edges, faces
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

I think people who have no problem with the UI are actually busy making stuff.

Great new version. Am busy playing with all the new doodads.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I am  still not sold entirely on the hard surface side of zbrush, much easier to work in a 3d program imho.
    maybe I  am just doing it wrong :)
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Can someone explain to me what is this whining about Zbrush UI ? BTW maya revamp was awful
    I will show you what a good UI is (image below)clean with nothing to distract you
    You should try what I did map most of frequently used functionality to hotkeys and rest of useful thing put in a costume drop down menus this way you wont even need to use default zbrush UI

• Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    Looks clean as f.

Every program should look like this at start.