Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finish] Game Character "Sherazade" concept by Hicham

Maxisum
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Maxisum polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys,
Just finished texturing my character I've been working on for a while now. The character is based on the concept by Hicham Habchi https://www.artstation.com/artwork/amzlR  https://www.artstation.com/artwork/n616E . 

I looked at Blizzard's Overwatch as a guide for the art style I was going for. I textured using mainly Substance Painter and a little bit of 3D Coat.  This was rendered in Marmoset Toolbag. Hope to get some feedback. I will be working on her sword next. 

These are the wip Zbrush sculpt:

Replies

• AgelosAp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AgelosAp polycounter
    Nice work, the renders look beautiful!
    I think comparing it to the overwatch art style there are a lot of points that are different, so judging it as a standalone piece might be better:
    - Hair mat is looking a bit plastic, maybe you don't have anisotropic shader on it?
    - Skin looks a little plastic as well, tone down the shininess and/or break it up around areas like the elbows with lower values.
    - Shoulder muscles stylization, I'd break up the crease around the middle of the arm instead of running it all the way through, this isn't very visible on most screens though.
  • Colton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Colton polycounter lvl 2
    Looks tight! I would have said the line along the base of the deltoid is to defined but it came out great in your bakes so well played. The back of the elbows also could be smoother. Your feels very sharp compared to the way you handled the rest of her body. The Overwatch style is much more gentle. I know you're probably past the stage where you can change that easily but I'll through it out there.

Besides that beautiful work. I love her expression, her attitude, it's super clean --definitely caught my eye. I look forward to giving it a like on ArtStation ;)

Final thought, like AgelosAP said, her skin is very shiny. It's especially noticeable on the back of her arms. 

• MarcoAntonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MarcoAntonio polycounter lvl 6
    I am not into blizzard style, but those rings on the swords don't make sense.
  • Maxisum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. Going to work on those changes in my next update.
    AgelosAp  - Yes, I have anisotropic turned on for the hair. I'll probably go back and see what I can do to make it look less plastic.
     @MarcoAntonio - I was thinking the same thing when I was working on her sword... 

Here's an update on her sword sculpt.

• Maxisum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made all the changes from the feedback. Thanks again. Uploaded my work on Artstation with Marmoset Viewer https://www.artstation.com/artwork/WLXvE

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Looks great! The musculature on the arms (although pronounced) isn't jarring at all. The rings on the sword are a little weird. But what the hey, its fantasy. Real nice character.