Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gurna'm: The Elves Hunter

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Edgar T interpolator
Gurna'm is a Giant born on the mountains of Aeischellon. He was captured by the elves when he was young, on the Big Slaughter. Many of his friends and kins were captured to serve the big elves.

Ten years later, something happened and Gurna'm was released...

Right now he only serves to his own vengeance. Healed and upgraded, he's hunting them... one by one. He has no weakness and he has only one purpose... and he do it pretty well...

There are a lot of elves to kill... and the clock is ticking...

Replies

• manerarts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    manerarts polycounter lvl 6
    Its going really cool!!! Love face also the pants. Keep it up , love to see how it ends ;)
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    really cool character, following this one for sure!
  • dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    Nice work on his design, @Edgar T!  Do you think you'll be making a game res version of him, or are you planning on sticking with the sculpt and working on something new? It'd be great to see this guy with some materials if you're going down that route. 
  • Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    @lotet Thx, man
    @dGreenberg My first thought was to make a bust shoot with evyerthing textured, but then I decided to go with a full character yep. Game-res ready. Nothing too technical this time, just focused on the materials and details. 

• dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    Awesome! Looking forward to seeing the progress, man
  • Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    Little update on him :)
    Plasma gun and elf sword.

C&C are welcome, guys :D
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    love it!
     I think the sword is looking a little bit weak and tiny though, especially the handle.
  • Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    lotet said:
    love it!
     I think the sword is looking a little bit weak and tiny though, especially the handle.
    Yeah, that was done on purpose. Since Gurna'm is a giant, he's way higher than humans and elves, so all that stuff that fit for humans and elves, barely do it for giants, so is nice you noticed that kind of "scale off" since it was what I intended to do. That sword is a two-hand sword, and it looks small for Gurna'm, so that's ok.

In the next updates I will add a bit more stuff that will tell us more about the scale of Gurna'm since I don't want to add a comparative image. I want to do a believable scale relation without putting external stuff  because I would see myself if the design is working on the way I want or not.

Thanks for the tip, dude :)
  • Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator

Gurna'm spent many years killing elves in the past, but once he became a legend, the elves that still stayed alive found a distant and remote place to hide themselves..... underground.

They kill thousands of dwarves and a lot of villages and cities were destroyed, now property of the elves...

Right now, Gurna'm is travelling with his crew ( two faithful giants that became his new family after years of sharing adventures and revenge together ) towards the biggest standing dwarf city to make the last alliance against the Elves...

The Great Battle is going to begin... and Gurna'm is at the vanguard...

:smile:
  • Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    Update!

Some more work on the high poly and I also started the retopo for the head since is going to be a single texture. Some cloth working for the highpoly until calling it finished, and also I will change the two-handed sword for a really-big hammer made from dwarves...

Cheers!!
  • Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    Ey !!

Here I came with an update and some hair as blockout. It works pretty good for me so I will go with it:

C&C are really welcome!!
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    awesome!  I like the gray hair personally.
    I think the hair strands are looking a bit thick, especially considering his size, other then that its looking really good.
  • Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    lotet said:
    awesome!  I like the gray hair personally.
    I think the hair strands are looking a bit thick, especially considering his size, other then that its looking really good.
    Thx @lotet . For now the hair is a blockout just fibermesh from Z to see how it could work on the lowpoly. I will create them from scratch next and I hope they will have a good thickness. :smile:
  • Edgar T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgar T interpolator
    Improving the shader, textures, and trying some facial hair cards:

:D