Offline / Send Message
    MTDues null
    i need motivation to develop my self
  • Zalek4
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zalek4 polycounter lvl 5
    Heya!

I would say you should work on better presentation of the model. I understand the whole "shadow on one side of the face makes him scary" idea for the kind of creature it is, but the white background with the single scene light ruins it. 

I think the folks who worked on 'The Order: 1886' did a pretty good job of presenting your particular monster:

Dark backgrounds can make dark colored items/characters look like they belong there, even if it's just a flat color.

We can give better critiques if we can see your model properly as well.

Hope I helped! Cheers!
  • MTDues
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MTDues null
    Zalek4 said:
    Heya!

I would say you should work on better presentation of the model. I understand the whole "shadow on one side of the face makes him scary" idea for the kind of creature it is, but the white background with the single scene light ruins it. 

I think the folks who worked on 'The Order: 1886' did a pretty good job of presenting your particular monster:

Dark backgrounds can make dark colored items/characters look like they belong there, even if it's just a flat color.

We can give better critiques if we can see your model properly as well.

Hope I helped! Cheers!

i will add that to the list thx , i will focus on the presentation and lighting the scene with the right colors :D
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Do you have turnaround of the model in more even studio lighting?  Hard to give feedback with the dramatic set up.
  • MTDues
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MTDues null
    Do you have turnaround of the model in more even studio lighting?  Hard to give feedback with the dramatic set up.

alright here you go

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Please don't take camera photos of your screen.  You have better options to take screenshots instead of digital on digital.

Either PrntScrn button on your keyboard, and paste the image into an image program of your choice.
    Or use the Windows Snipping tool.

And by turn around, we mean more even angles, like front, back, side , three-quarters, etc.  Harsh horror lighting won't be good for peer-to-peer evaluations.

Something like this:

• MTDues
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MTDues null
    Please don't take camera photos of your screen.  You have better options to take screenshots instead of digital on digital.

Either PrntScrn button on your keyboard, and paste the image into an image program of your choice.
    Or use the Windows Snipping tool.

And by turn around, we mean more even angles, like front, back, side , three-quarters, etc.  Harsh horror lighting won't be good for peer-to-peer evaluations.

Something like this:

well, im defintly gonna take this in concern  ty :)

and i hope u liked the idea regardless the low resolution :wink:
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't like the idea, unfortunately.