Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Halo 3 Crows Nest WIP

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Simon_____ polycounter lvl 5
Hi all, somewhat new to this forum ive decided to model a section of Halo 3's (Bungie, Microsoft Game Studios) Crows nest following this concept art

I will be using 3ds Max, substance painter and Unreal engine 4 throughout this project, i would be hugely grateful for any feedback and critiques along the way 

i started to work on the door on the left

HP

LP / Wire
At the moment this is still a work in progress which is why i have yet to optimize the LP mesh 
i know its not much to go on but any advice would be helpful 

Replies

• Simon_____
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Simon_____ polycounter lvl 5
    JoshuaG said:
    I think you got the door all wrong. The object in the middle of the door is supposed to spin around, like a bank vault door. 
    Your topology is also WAY too high for an environmental piece like this. 
    I also feel that this concept might be too vague for you to make. Find something that's a bit more refined and with far more modular parts. 
    i knew the topology is high as i've not optimized it from the high poly it currently sits at 6,430 tris, i should be able to take away around 2000 tris

i sort of knew its like a bank vault, i just wasn't too sure what type of mechanism it was closest to, i will try and make the mechanism more like that of a vault/bulkhead door