Home Technical Talk

Unreal State Machine confusion

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
Hey,

I'm new to Unreal and I'm pretty confused.

So I have a bunch of anims that I want to hook up. I have a "Idle", "Idle to Walk custom transition", "Walk", "Jog", "Run", "Run to Action_Idle transition", and an "ActionIdle".

So I want to have the Walk, Jog and Run in a blendspace so I can blend between them. However I want the Idle to be in a separate state so I can call a custom transition anim. I want to blend from the idle to the custom transition and then blend to the walk. The blendspace can handle the blends from the walk to the jog to the run.

When I stop running, I want to blend to the "custom transition to action_idle anim" before blending to the Action idle itself. After a time delay, I would like to blend from the action idle to the normal idle.

I had a go but I'm lost.  I'm pretty sure I set it up wrong inside the states and I can't find a video online dealing with custom blends.

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Since jog and run would have its own movement speed, you can just input the characters movement speed into the anim bp, and when its lower or higher than a value, blend in the transitioning anim. You could also scale the movement speed and use it as a weight.
  • AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura said:
    Singe jog and run would have its own movement speed, you can just input the characters movement speed into the anim bp, and when its lower or higher than a value, blend in the transitioning anim. You could also scale the movement speed and use it as a weight.
    Do you have any links to tut/videos? 

I'm really new so I'm unsure how to do the things you mentioned.

Thanks.

EDIT: I figured it out, thanks! Got another question below if you don't mind.
  • AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, how do I read the full thing when I hold Ctrl+Alt on a node: Everytime I move my mouse, it disappears. I looked on the online documentation but it's different and not as clear as this one.

• AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Figured it out. Managed to find the same online documentation.