Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] The Emerald Princess - Nia Kasai

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Cless polycounter lvl 8
Hello everyone!

My name is Daniel Marí, and I'm a new 3D Artist!
I am newly a part of an indie studio that is currently working on a videogame project called Starfall.

It's my second time posting a sculpture here! My first link was Eskah, the blue demon girl:
http://polycount.com/discussion/191548/wip-cartoon-demon-girl-eskah#latest

I would love it if someone would take the time to criticize my work or give some feedback!

I'm following Clonerh's Concept Art:

I've only worked two days on this sculpt.
I started with the head on day one, I had a lot of trouble because I didn't notice the face was slightly looking down! D:

For Day 2 (today) I sculpted some more and did the body (helping myself with an old basic body I had :P ) and blocked the head piece and the necklace she has. I also did a last minute block out from the hair.
Also, we decided to make her skin darker than the concept art for the ingame model.

I did all of this while streaming on Twitch too, so if anyone is wants to pass by one of this days and say hi, that would be awesome!

http://twitch.tv/cless_aurion/chat?popout=

That's all for now! I'm excited to hear what you guys think about it!

Replies

• TJ-Works
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TJ-Works polycounter lvl 5
    Hello! 

She's looking pretty good so far, although it might be better to turn perspective off on her turnarounds to get a better read on her proportions without the perspective distortion. If I can nitpick:

Face:
    - Her eyes each look wide, compared to the concept art on the right. Squash their width a bit.
    - Her chin stretches a bit too long in her model. I would shorten it a bit. Maybe a square chin shape might help make her more imposing for her warrior aesthetic? (Hypothetically, if you don't like that idea don't add it.)
    - Add eyebrows. : P

Body:
    - Since she's a warrior, maybe broaden her shoulders to make her less feminine/more intimidating.
    - If broadened shoulders make her too square, make her taller as well to help balance this out.
    - Pinch the side curves in the middle of her torso.
    - Her leg muscles look oddly sharp and stretch back a bit too far. Tone them down a bit.
    - More muscle definition might help (thought it might be pointless since her clothes might hide her muscles.)

Can't wait to see her fully armored. ^^
  • Cless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cless polycounter lvl 8
    TJ-Works said:

Face:
    - Her eyes each look wide, compared to the concept art on the right. Squash their width a bit.
    - Her chin stretches a bit too long in her model. I would shorten it a bit. Maybe a square chin shape might help make her more imposing for her warrior aesthetic? (Hypothetically, if you don't like that idea don't add it.)
    - Add eyebrows. : P
    Thanks! I look up do square the chin like you suggested, though the face up there was from Day 1! So the eyes being too wide and the eyebrows thing was fixed! : P
    TJ-Works said:

Body:
    - Since she's a warrior, maybe broaden her shoulders to make her less feminine/more intimidating.
    - If broadened shoulders make her too square, make her taller as well to help balance this out.
    - Pinch the side curves in the middle of her torso.
    - Her leg muscles look oddly sharp and stretch back a bit too far. Tone them down a bit.
    - More muscle definition might help (thought it might be pointless since her clothes might hide her muscles.)

I will work on broading the shoulders and make her legs slightly longer too!

Again, thanks for your feedback TJ-Works, I really appreciate it, you rock! :D