Home Unreal Engine

Help: Unreal Engine 4 / Morph Targets / Audio / Talking Character

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
EJtheArtist polycounter lvl 8
Hi Polycount!

I need to animate a character talking. Kind of like if you just walked up to someone in skyrim, they're mouth and face moves, and audio comes out :)

I have a slew of audio clips and blendshapes imported into unreal engine. My next step is to put everything together so that the mouth moves in conjunction with audio clips. Please, what thing do I need to use in unreal engine in order to create just a movie of this character talking? And how do I use it?

No one has to interact with him, so I don't need any event calls. Just a timeline movie of animations and audio.

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    I'm not entirely faminiar with this paricular topic, but I would assume you would have a "talking" character state in your game. Then if you are in that state, you can tell your anim blueprint to blend. Or in your material, if you are driving morph targets. A few. If you need wrinkle maps, then you will also need to scale your normal and/or displacement scalar parameters in your character blueprint.

But if you want to keep it simple, just look up blend shaped anim blueprint.