Home Technical Talk

FullScreenMode for 3ds max [maxscript]

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Dash-POWER polycounter lvl 6
My prototype of better Expert Mode for 3ds Max - FullScreenModeScript. It has still some bugs when you are using user defined toolbars it doesn't hide them like main toolbar because I don't know how to handle toolbars and operate with them - tried windows.getMAXHWND but didn't find solution.

Code:

-- FullscreenModeScript By Dash-POWER -- Status fn ToggleOn = ( if (cui.getExpertMode() != true) do cui.expertModeOn() macros.run "Outliner" "toggleOutliner" -- If you are using Outliner (dotnetclass "Autodesk.Windows.ComponentManager").QuickAccessToolBar.IsMenuBarVisible = false; (dotnetclass "Autodesk.Windows.ComponentManager").QuickAccessToolBar.IsVisible = false; trackbar.visible = false if (MaxRibbon.IsRibbonOpen()) do MaxRibbon.ShowRibbon false actionMan.executeAction 0 "50026" ) fn ToggleOff = ( macros.run "Outliner" "toggleOutliner" -- If you are using Outliner cui.expertModeOff() (dotnetclass "Autodesk.Windows.ComponentManager").QuickAccessToolBar.IsMenuBarVisible = true; (dotnetclass "Autodesk.Windows.ComponentManager").QuickAccessToolBar.IsVisible = true; trackbar.visible = true if (MaxRibbon.IsRibbonOpen() != true) do MaxRibbon.ShowRibbon true actionMan.executeAction 0 "50026" ) if (Status == undefined) then ( ToggleOn() Status = "On" as string ) else ( ToggleOff() Status = undefined )<br>
If you want to hide InfoCenter on the right:
HWND=windows.getMAXHWND() HWNDChild=UIAccessor.GetChildWindows HWND for f in HWNDChild do ( if UIAccessor.GetWindowText f == "InfoCenterHwndSource" then ( Windows.sendMessage f 0x10 0 0 ) ) ComponentManager = (dotnetclass "Autodesk.Windows.ComponentManager") ComponentManager.InfoCenterToolBar.MaxWidth = 0 ComponentManager.InfoCenterToolBar.MinWidth = 0

Replies

• thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    i see someone got the outliner script working again in more recent releases. good one! i'd kill to have that available to me these days in blender...

but what i really wanted to know is what on earth is going on in your titlebar? looks like you found the last place in the max interface not stuffed to the brim with icons out of the box - and ... filled it up too? :o

• Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    Ohhh I like the look of this, thanks for sharing. Will try it out tomorrow! 
  • spacefrog
    Offline / Send Message
    spacefrog polycounter lvl 15
    thomasp said:
    i see someone got the outliner script working again in more recent releases. good one! i'd kill to have that available to me these days in blender...
    http://www.frogsinspace.at/?p=3001
    some small ( non critical) bugs , got no time currently to fix them though ...

• Dash-POWER
    Offline / Send Message
    Dash-POWER polycounter lvl 6
    thomasp said:
    but what i really wanted to know is what on earth is going on in your titlebar? looks like you found the last place in the max interface not stuffed to the brim with icons out of the box - and ... filled it up too? :o

Don't panic. :smiley: This was just test how many icons can I fill the top bar if I remove the info center. I used soulburnscripts - (really good stuff) as placeholders.

spacefrog said:
    http://www.frogsinspace.at/?p=3001
    some small ( non critical) bugs , got no time currently to fix them though ...

Cool. I remember that I had instant crashing with 3.0 alpha in 2014-2016 so I sticked with 2.0