Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Jack Douglas-Deane

vertex
Offline / Send Message
JWDD vertex
Hey guys and gals, please feel free to critique my work, any constructive feedback is most welcome!

I am a recently graduated student with a skillset and passion focused in 3D environment art. At the moment I am looking for a job in the industry and beefing up my portfolio with personal projects.

Replies

• JWDD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JWDD vertex
    This series was part of my final uni project in which I created a modular SciFi/industrial interior. The idea was to create hallway and room pieces and fill them out with greebles. The first image below is just one example of how you could use the modular system to create a hallway scene within minutes within UE4.

• JWDD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JWDD vertex
    These pieces are part of an on-going personal project I started after graduation, I intend to expand the scene with more detail. With my newly minted Speedtree subscription I want to improve the grass, add more foliage and tree types and in general make it look more interesting...

I hadn't used quad draw before so this project gave me an excuse to give it a try and see how low I could push the rocks whilst keeping an OK silhouette. Most of the surrounding rocks are around 200 tris, whilst the middle hero rock's low poly was created in zbrush and is 3.1k tris.

• JWDD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JWDD vertex
    I haven't been active on Polycount for a while so I thought I'd update my portfolio and browse the forums more. 'Cabin in the woods' is a personal project I undertook last year as a personal project, it gave me the opportunity to learn some new skills which I hadn't picked up yet and hone skills I hadn't used in a while. The idea behind the scene is that a lonely mechanic is tasked with maintaining the beacons you can see in the background, his cabin is powered mostly by solar and wind energy.

These screenshots are all taken within UE4, textures authored in Designer, maps baked and painter in Painter.

• JWDD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JWDD vertex
    This hero asset was created for the Fallout 4 Mod 'Cascadia', it is a replica of it's real world counterpart which both stand in Pioneer Square in Seattle. I of course added the Fallout touch to account for 200 years of weathering and surviving a nuclear fallout, which along with it's arid environment has left the wood dry and paint faded.

• JWDD
  • JWDD
  • JWDD
  • JWDD