Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UE4-Pitch House

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
melviso polycounter lvl 10

This is my 3d rendition of a part of Pitch House designed by Atelier M+A and photography by Jaume Albert Martí and Masaki Harimoto. The purpose of this was to learn and experiment with Unreal engine 4 for archviz. Textures were mostly handpainted with photo textures used as well for this piece. All models were made using Blender and rendered images and animation from the Unreal Engine viewport.

I also modeled, rigged and animated the butterflies in the scene.

I want to thank everyone here for their help while I was trying to utilise ue4 for archviz. especially Obscura. Thanks all.

EDIT: Fixed the interlacing issue.

Replies

• Jakro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jakro greentooth
    The actual materials are looking good, though you have a problem with video interlacing, it's very distracting. Also the scene is looking over-exposed right now. The last image shows two walls wade of solid white. Here's a screencap of the kind of issue you should try to avoid, this may be an issue with your lighting/rendering/camera settings. 
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melviso polycounter lvl 10
    Jakro said:
    The actual materials are looking good, though you have a problem with video interlacing, it's very distracting. Also the scene is looking over-exposed right now. The last image shows two walls wade of solid white. Here's a screencap of the kind of issue you should try to avoid, this may be an issue with your lighting/rendering/camera settings. 
    Yeah, any tips on how to remove the interlacing. I rendered the vid using After Efeects since UE4 does not support exporting sound and you can't add Text to a video in ue sequencer. Or is there a way to do this in ue4? I spent a long time re-rendering out of After Effects but theinterlacing still remains. I used the h.264, quicktime format to no avail. Avi format renders out fine but the file size is up to 5gb.
    I followed the reference photo-

The wall is overexposed in the shot by the photographer.
  • FreneticPonies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FreneticPonies polycounter lvl 3
    And? Just because the photographer has a shitty camera/isn't very good doesn't mean you can't make it better!  :p