Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Lowpoly handpainted small shop

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Xelun polycounter lvl 5
I'm making a little shop to place it in a small village in my game, what do you think?

I made a timelapse video of the making process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8o38iwPJvI

Now I'm working in the lights, trying to make a cozy ambient, any advices or opinions?
I forgot to add ambient occlusion to the render, next images will have it ^^Uu

Replies

• Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    Looks like a good start. 

I would try to pay attention and keep the scale of the textures relative to each other more consistent. E.g. The wooden floor planks are huge compared to the other wooden pieces, such as the wooden barrels. 

A little more color variety would be nice too. For example, you could have a slight hue shift in a few of the wood planks to break things up a little and add more visual interest. Do it subtlety though, you don't want to make it stand out too much and be a focal distraction.

Hope this helps! :)
  • Xelun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xelun polycounter lvl 5
    Little update of the shop!

I change the wood foor, change the lights to be more orange, add some variations to the wooden beams and give more rugosity to the walls.
    Now I want to give some variation to the floor and add some colorful items at the walls, like some pictures or fabrics

@Tobbo Thanks! I'll keep in mind the color variation for the next update of the shop! :smiley: