Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Undead and Brill UE4

Elukka
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Elukka polycounter lvl 3
This is a scene I have been working on for over a month. Its World Of Warcraft fan art made back to 3d. I am finally trying to make things like they would be in real games so textures are re-used and resolution is 256 to 1024. Trying to get decent texel density too. Never before actually made human like characters or hand painted anything, so many first times here. Used Maya,GIMP,SD,Zbrush. All real time lighting, since my UE4 bugged and will not bake beyond 0.25%, might look into that... Anyway I am about half way there I think. Undead female getting done now, now that I look at it in a small picture, she looks like too big and stronk.

Refrence

Here I am

Replies

• Elukka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elukka polycounter lvl 3
    Made some improvements. Forced no precomputed lighting and desaturated the textures and tweaked roughness for the rocks. Now I have better understanding how much i need detail for the final characters. Still too dark, but I will tweak lighting more when I am done with modeling. 

• Elukka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elukka polycounter lvl 3
    Moved to 4.16 for volymetric lighting. Took some artistic freedoms with the other character. 
    Still need to be better with hand painting, I am so used to making everything with Substance Designer.

• Elukka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elukka polycounter lvl 3

Modeled sylvanas windrunner statue. Need texturing and maybe some details on weapon.
    First detailed human model I have ever made.
  • Elukka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elukka polycounter lvl 3
    Well then. This is the most time I have ever spent in one scene. First time making characters and first time drawing textures. Biggest thing I learned is that textures must be brighter than you would think. It was really fun and I hope people like it :blush: