Home Adobe Substance

Susbtance Designer - Material for Unity

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
CVee polycounter lvl 4
Hello,

So I was told that in substance designer you could create these materials that could then be used in unity and control it's color.

I have this weapon with a power gauge thing (by default it's grey, but i wanted it to fill up with a blue color as it is being recharged). And I was told I could create that effect in substance designer using a material, to then be controlled within unity.

Does anybody know how I can achieve this? Or what would this magic material be called so I can google it?

Thanks,

Replies

• rohMizuno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    if you google "substance material unity" the first thing that comes out is that:

https://www.allegorithmic.com/blog/substance-unity-5-tutorials

But enough of google tutorial here. If what you want is to simply change the color of you asset you do not need to use a substance file, and I recommend you not to, as it is heavier than just bringing your textures in.
    You just need to create a tint mask (white where you want to change colors and black where you don't) and overlay the color you want over you grey base texture.

• CVee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CVee polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks, I managed to find a good tutorial. I think I need the substance anyway because I now want to create a rust material to apply in multiple objects and I need a slider to control this in Unity. But thankfully (or not) I manage to get everything to work except transparency. Transparency in SD is fine, but when I import it into Unity, what should be transparent is now black. *Currently trying to publish another topic about this new issue*