is a new Blender add-on focused on the mesh based decals
worflow popularized by Star Citizen. It allows to quickly and easily place and project decals who simulate details. It works in a non-destructive, easy to modifiy and keeps clean and optimized geometry.
It also comes with a bunch of ready-to-use decals assets.
DECAL Machine has been developed by MACHINE3
- use decals on flat surfaces and project them on curved surfaces
- 'cut' decal panel lines in a boolean-like manner
- parallax adds convincing depth to normal mapped decals
- retain sharp details at all scales, independent of texture resolution
- decal and panel UV creation is automatic and base meshes don't need UVs
- change panel decal width and panel type after a panel has been 'cut'
- change the panel decal shape and direction after it has been 'cut'
- retrieve the original un-pojected decal sources at any time
- retrieve the cutters of panel decals at any time
- material cutting and material decals
- separate decal subset materials
- separate panel materials for each side side and panel flipping to switch those sides
- match decals to target materials
- panel unwrapping for custom drawn or modified panel decals
- quickly rotate decals in 45 degree steps without leaving face snapping
- ~100 decal assets supplied
Blender 2.77a and above, Cycles renderer for preview. For a better exerience, it's recommanded to also use add-ons such as :
The add-on can be downloaded on Gumroad : https://gumroad.com/l/DECALmachine#