Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mad Max 240z

ferrettank
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
ferrettank polycounter lvl 2
Hello all! 

A little bit of a background, about two years ago, I created a stock 240z based off my dad's old race car. It was for the Humster 3D competition. Recently a client commissioned me to do a crazy design of that car for a VR tech demo. Luckily he gave me a lot of freedom. So naturally I gravitated towards the Mad Max kind of style, mostly because the raw-ness of the car gives it much more personality.  I am now in the process of baking the interior and polishing up the exterior.  It will be displayed in the Unreal engine.

Of course critique and questions are welcome! :)

Replies

• Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Car looks great, the presentation could be better tho. The bottom shot is too high up with not enough space left on top and im not such a fan of the ground and background, its a bit messy and the fshadow below dosnt work that well but its a preview so thats fine. You should work on your logo, I dont think its very good, the box is not very creative and execution is lacking, also the font is not very tasteful, id recommend a good sans serif, nothing too sci-fi. Car looks top notch tho, nothing to say. Nice choice of rims and front and the exhaust is cool. Maybe add some attachment rings to the pipe tho so it looks more stable
  • ferrettank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Shrike
    Thank you for the in depth critique Yeah, the render is very temporary, although those are good points that I should fix in the next render.  Funny enough I am about to redo my logo, its about time to redesign it.  I will keep your suggestions in mind for the new one. I am thinking about switching from my personal name to more of a real company name.   I need to build a few mounts for the side pipes.  
  • ferrettank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I finally got some of the interior in game! :D 

As always critique is welcome :)

• ivanzu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivanzu polycounter lvl 10
    Padding on the door could been just done with normal map.
  • ferrettank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ivanzu thank you for the critique! I tried it out, although due to the viewing angle in the driver's seat, it looks extremely flat, especially in VR.

Also update! I finished the seats.