Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Some questions about illustration + some portfolio stuff for critique

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
PianoPolish polycounter lvl 8
Hello...

I have some questions about  illustrations, I have started with the drawing and illustration on my own a year ago exactly, I was getting better with the time but how I can achieve this kind of generic illustration stuff. Is there a name for this styles of drawings or techniques, also are they created from scratch, like the characters or is there a way to generate the body positions without drawing from scratch or sculpting in zbrush. 

Here are the references created from different artist:

Here is my portfolio(generally with stupid things like fanarts and those stuff) for looking critiques, :) I don't used reference to draw the bodies, including some background illustrations so a lot of them looks really odd and other looks acceptable, I will improving with the time. I'm still studying anatomy, specially the female anatomy for now. I still have to learn the male anatomy.

This was my first digital painting, I used reference to this one. I followed this tutorial to have an idea how to use the tools of photoshop for creating illustrations.
Tutorial:
http://shilin.deviantart.com/art/2013-Shilin-s-drawing-tutorial-walkthrough-439701179

Some overwatch stuff:

and other stuff...

I would really appreciate any information about my questions, the critique request is optional and is not a priority. Don't worry about it.  ;)

Thanx for watch!!! :smile:

Replies