Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lowpoly handpainted character for portfolio, pro critique needed!

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
omen47 polycounter lvl 4
Hi polycounters im trying to wrap up on this lowpoly handpainted guy but I have been staring at it for way too long and im not sure if I missed something important or can improve it in any significant way...
So I am asking if anyone could give me any advice or point out any problems/issues with it?

model

Replies

• DennisKurzeja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DennisKurzeja polycounter lvl 2
    I think it looks pretty good. The textures are nice. I'm just wondering for what exactly the character is designed. His big hands are very bright and thus draw in a lot of attention. This is fine of course if you want it like that because he fights with his bare hands, for example.

Also 9.6k is actually quite a high polycount. If this is a character for mobile, the polycount might be way too high. Same goes for the texture resolution.

Otherwise, I think you did a good job.
  • omen47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    omen47 polycounter lvl 4
    @ DennisKurzeja thank you for the feedback, really appreciate it. I made him with a 3rd-person platformer in mind, and yes he does fight with his hands :) Agree the polycount and amount of detail is way too high for mobile, also it wouldnt be readible from that far.

Thanks for the help!