Home Career & Education

Continue upgrading my folio vs going back to school

Norw
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Norw polycounter lvl 3
Hello guys I'm 20, sorry in advance for the poor english i'm french.

ok... now the real question is : if I have already finish school (the cours was on one year) and its been 4 mouth and every companie that reply to my application say ''you don't have enough experience''  should I continue upgrading my portfolio?

Or grab the opportunity to go study anywhere in whatever school thanks to my dad. But I feel going back to school will be a waste of money because I think I know what to improve and i can use the big internet to learn new thing?

if any of this make any sence plz yelp and if not say it and I will try to Clarify.

PF: 
https://www.artstation.com/artist/williamnoreau

Replies

• Ckafee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ckafee polycounter lvl 8
    Well i am not from the industri iam a student myself. But i really depends what your dreams are, if you want to get in there you would work for it. So follow your heart in that sense.

If you know what to improve improve it, like why not?

i cant really put the pros and cons next to eachother for you cause i dont know you exact situations and the exact choices you can make and i dont have information for you that can give you enough pros or cons to doe eather one of them. I am sorry.
  • Scizz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    Your portfolio is what is going to get you the job. School and education in general is never a bad thing though. Having higher education on your resume shows your willing to invest into furthering your education, and have degrees shows you were able to stick with it all the way through, which looks great! On the same note, having an art or industry related degree is irrelevant if your portfolio is sub-par. I know there are some studios who's hiring requirements state you need a degree, however I feel if your portfolio is good enough, they'll look past that and put you up for consideration.

To basically sum it up, school is great, but do keep in mind portfolio > resume.