Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: ID Map not applying properly to mesh zbrush -> Quixel DDO

aaeriam
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
aaeriam polycounter lvl 3
I've been trying to learn how to unwrap and how to generate maps in Zbrush to use in DDO and I can't figure out why my ID map isn't applying to the model properly in DDO. 

In DDO, if I hold down to check my ID map on the mesh itself, everything is messed up. Below is a picture of my ID map along with the UV layout of the mesh itself in zbrush. 

I'm not sure what's causing them to align improperly. I just created polygroups for the different materials, unwelded the borders, polypainted the groups, set that as a texture and exported the "texture" and the mesh it with the multimap exporter. Both are at a resolution of 2k and I designated 2k to be the texture in DDO as well. Any tips/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    I dunnno why its not working but I just apply a clown paint to the high es model and expot it out with polypaint for baking. The impottant thing is good ivs on the lower res model that gives quixel a chance to use the colors as masks.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Did you take into account that zbrush flips the UVs vertically? Textures created inside of zbrush should be manually flipped vertically prior to export, in order to match the model (which flips automatically)
  • aaeriam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aaeriam polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks cryrid, that was the issue. I thought all my maps were facing the right direction when I looked at the UV's in Zbrush and the map itself in PS. After ticking the "Flip Vertical" box in multi map exporter and a few more tries, everything worked out properly. Thanks for that tip. I didn't realize zbrush flips the model automatically.