Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3D Dungeon Tileset

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Brandross polycounter lvl 2
So, I decided to revamp an old set of prefabs I did awhile back and try and match it to the style of the outdoor pieces I've been showing in this thread:
http://polycount.com/discussion/182268/critique-retro-inspired-grassland-forest-environment#latest

Anyway I figured it would be a bit tidier to give this it's own thread, rather than clutter up that one with multiple subjects.  Any thoughts on how to make this tileset stand out?

Replies

• Brandross
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thought it was about time to try and revisit this project.  I ended up making slightly more detailed versions of the prefabs and made sharper versions of the textures.  Improved the bump and secular maps a bit as well.  I ended up doing a slightly down-scaled version of one of the dungeons from Link's Awakening as a test map.  I like the overall effect of the map, although some of the shadows went a bit screwy during the render.

• Brandross
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I finally got back around to this project.  Most of the assets used in this version of the tileset are brand new, with only a few of the textures being held over from the previous build.  I just built this mini-dungeon in 3DSMax to make sure everything fit together correctly.  Critiques would be appreciated.