Home Marmoset

Marmoset - Weird Shadows

Hello guys

I've been working on a scene, and since the objects are being made with basic geometric shapes, most of them are separated from each other, like the walls are separated from the floor and roof.

So, the thing is that I get this weird looking AO shadows, and I've turned sampling up, occlusion details up, voxel resolution to the max, any advice on that?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're running into the limits of the voxel GI resolution unfortunately. For GI to work, the scene is voxelized (turned into a bunch of little cubes, you can see what this looks like if you turn on show voxelization), and the resolution is limited to an area that fits to your entire scene. I think at max quality this is something like 256x256x256. Due to memory and performance constraints, it's not feasible to set the voxel resolution any higher than that.

If this is a small element in a larger scene, you can try adjusting the voxel scene fit. I go over that a bit more in this video:

• doncha_magoso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're running into the limits of the voxel GI resolution unfortunately. For GI to work, the scene is voxelized (turned into a bunch of little cubes, you can see what this looks like if you turn on show voxelization), and the resolution is limited to an area that fits to your entire scene. I think at max quality this is something like 256x256x256. Due to memory and performance constraints, it's not feasible to set the voxel resolution any higher than that.

If this is a small element in a larger scene, you can try adjusting the voxel scene fit. I go over that a bit more in this video:

Thanks!

That's exactly what I needed to  know, specifically the part where you can focus the voxelization power.

I'll post results once i get to play with that :)

Alfredo