Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Suit and clothing wrinkles in zbrush, critique wanted

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Jarmade polycounter lvl 5
Here is a women's suit I have been working on. The back of the pants are incomplete, but I am not happy with the suit overall anyway and I am about to restart sculpting from my base mesh again or just scrap it and move onto a different project. But I would like some advice and critique before I start again. 

And here is the base mesh that I modeled in blender

I use the standard brush with some gravity, and sometimes the pinch  and flatten brushes. I have plenty of references and I have tried to learn about wrinkle tension, bunching, hanging and force etc, but my brain just goes into a fog when I look at a blank surface :P

Replies

• Ouran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ouran greentooth
    First thing that comes to mind is that the shoulder stick out too much past the beginning of the sleeves. It might be that the sleeve itself is going too much towards the center. I'm not exactly sure but there's definitely something to check out in that area.

A tip I'd give you for sculpting the folds of the arms is to actually bend your elbows slightly. It'll help you get a more natural feel for the character and the way the cloth is super to interact with it. One last thing is that folds are like ripples. Anywhere you have a big set of folds, the elbow area for example, you should see repercussions on the nearby areas (forearms). Otherwise it looks "sculpted" rather than feel natural.
  • Jarmade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarmade polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks, that is really helpful advice. I will bend the elbows a little and keep the ripple effect in mind next time :)