Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] GL 06

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Mathis polycounter lvl 11
Hi everyone,
I just finished creating the GL 06 in Unreal Engine 4, I am glad that I finally can call this weapon done. I started creating the highpoly early this year and put this project on ice for a couple of month.
Recently I started looking into Substance Painter and Designer and thought it would be a good possibility to wrap up this weapon with some nice textures.

Polycount Body: 12,364
Polycount Scope: 2,928

I hope you like the model, please do let me know what you think  :)

Replies

• gfelton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gfelton polycounter lvl 6
    Looks fantastic, Absolutely love it! Would love to see some wires and some of the maps you used to texture this guy, would be rather interesting :)
  • Daf57
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daf57 polycounter lvl 9
  • Mathis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys.
    gfelton said:
    Would love to see some wires and some of the maps you used to texture this guy, would be rather interesting :)
    There you go :)

• Mathis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got some feedback from friends and colleges and edited he presentation screenshots - mainly lowered the blur and got closer to the weapon. Also I removed the handle since I think the launcher does look better without it (also edited the main post).

cheers :)
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    that looks awesome! good work! I like it with and without the handle to be honest, it looks more functional with the handle.
  • vangojames
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vangojames polycounter lvl 3
    Wow this looks amazing!
  • Shrike
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Very nice model. The material definition could need some more tweaking however. The materials look all very similar, rubber and metal have similar spec and gloss and diffuse color. Make the rubber / PVC darker and maybe more diffused. The plastic cover on the front picantinny looks like its one piece with the picantinny nearly also. The picantinny has very soft edges giving it a soft rubber look, but this may make sense regarding first person perspective disortion (if that was the intention) Currently all has a very similar shade of gray, adding some contrast in the materials and maybe even an additional source of color would definitely pay off. Also you can push it a lot further with a instance of text, decals, stickers, markings or similar to give it more of a unique character and push the texturing.
  • Mathis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone.
    Shrike said:
    The material definition could need some more tweaking however. The materials look all very similar, rubber and metal have similar spec and gloss and diffuse color.
    I tried to stick with my main reference which showed most of the weapon in a very same color / material with only subtle differences. Retrospectively some more tweaking would not have hurt indeed.

Shrike said:
    The picantinny has very soft edges giving it a soft rubber look, but this may make sense regarding first person perspective disortion (if that was the intention)
    Unfortunately not, I tend to do edges more soft than they should be in the Highpoly :P

Shrike said:
    Currently all has a very similar shade of gray, adding some contrast in the materials and maybe even an additional source of color would definitely pay off. Also you can push it a lot further with a instance of text, decals, stickers, markings or similar to give it more of a unique character and push the texturing.
    Definitely true, that was actually one of the major flaws I noticed when polishing the weapon too. Next time I will clearly take more care to pick a weapon which has a more interesting material variation and maybe some additional text, decals etc. - exactly what you said.
    Thanks for that detailed feedback Shrike :)