Home Adobe Substance

Please change the default in "UV Tile" for future updates

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Matt Fagan polycounter lvl 10
As the topic states I really don't get a complete understanding why the last several versions of this software have a default UV tile set to "3" when it should really be at "1".

Please can someone at Allegorithmic address this in the future updates?

I really don't need to bother with tiling anything I plug into Substance by default when plugging in textures that were baked, or imported into a "fill layer". Let me tile it afterward if I really need it. Having to create a fill layer and reset its default value to "1" is really a pain in the ass.

PS. I know in the preference settings menu, the default can be changed back to "1". But this should always be "1", not "3" as someone on the software team decided to leave. You're literally creating additional steps in what should be a more "step-less" texturing process.

Thanks!

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    This was set to 3 because we realized most of the time, materials applied to a complex object or a character with a tiling of 1 would just appear as very pixelated and blurry, and it's most of the time hard to figure out what the material definition or pattern even is, and the first thing we end up doing is changing the tiling to actually see what was just applied on the mesh.