Home Unreal Engine

Client cannot perform special actions

Waz0
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Waz0 polycounter lvl 4

Hello everyone,

I created some classic movements for players as the dash or 2jump, but client can't use it, and only run and jump like a basic tps character. So I know there's a loooot of post relating about that on internet, working with the "Switch has authority", but I don't understand how to use it properly. I probably have to make more functions to run with, but some times I need events, that are not present in the function graphic.

Here's one exemple of my movement blueprints : 

How could I make it ?

Thank you !

Replies

• Waz0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz0 polycounter lvl 4
    Ok so I've seen many tutorials since my last post, and I'm sure I'm pretty close to the solution.
    Here's another action that I've tested networking on : 

I made a "DashEvent" multicast replicated, and my "RIsPressed" variable is set on replicated (although I don't know if it's needed). I builded it following the "Replicating Function in Blueprints" tutorial. But the fact is it still doesn't work. I don't know if I'm searching in the right direction, because replication is used to display an action to chosen players/server, right ? And in my case the client just cannot perform the action...

What am I doing wrong ?

Edit : when I set my "DashEvent" to "Run on Server" like in many tutorials, the client can make the server dash, so in a way it's working. I don't get it.