Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Random Drawing Prompts (Personal Challenge)

triangle
Offline / Send Message
krraej triangle
Over the past couple of days, I've been writing a little script in Python that gives you a handful of random prompts to draw, and I think it'd be fun to use it as a kind of daily (or almost daily) drawing challenge for myself. The script itself is nothing fancy as I'm still pretty much a beginner at programming, plus it still needs some tweaking here and there, but I'm happy I was able to accomplish this much, little as it may be. But enough of that; let's get started!

First prompt: concept art → monster → big teeth → blue → stylized/cartoony

So that's what I'm going to draw now. I'll try to upload it later today, but if I can't manage I'll post it tomorrow. Anyway, I'm really excited to try this out and I hope you guys will have some fun as well. :)

Replies

• krraej
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    krraej triangle
    Here's the first concept!
    concept art → monster → big teeth → blue → stylized/cartoony

I'm not entirely happy with it, but that's okay. Let's see what tomorrow brings. :)
  • krraej
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    krraej triangle
    Well, that certainly didn't go as planned. I really meant to post sooner, but oh well. To make up for it, I did two (somewhat quick) things for today.

concept art → monster → two in one → style up to you

Only gray-scale for this one because I didn't want to slapdash some quick color on it. What I could do better next time: give him more volume; he looks pretty flat.

And the second thing:
    study → color study 

I downloaded the test version of Painter 2017 and thought I could do this prompt while exploring the software some more and I'm glad I did. I started with an under-painting that had mostly warm colors (you can see reds, oranges, and purples peek through here and there) and glazed over it with blue to turquoise slabs of paint.
  • krraej
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    krraej triangle
    icon design → abstract → only hard edges/lines → monochromatic color scheme

I'll probably go over this later and optimize it some more, but I like how it turned out.