Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Rita Repulsa

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MiStelko polycounter lvl 4
Hi everybody! 
I wanted to learn more about painting and 3dCoat, so I am working on a low poly model of Rita Repulsa from the 2017 Power Rangers movie. If you haven't seen her, here it is some images i could find:

The model ended up with less than 3k. Model was made on 3ds Max and the uvs and painting on 3dCoat. I separated the uvs in 2 1024x1024 maps.

I first draw all the lines i could see on the pictures. It took me a long time, cause the costume is not symmetrical and i couldn't find an image of her leg from the left view

After that i separated the color areas in different layers

Tired from the linework i painted some shadows and highlights on her face. It's not finished, just the volumes, without lips and eyelids colors. This is in flat shade view with occlusion layer.

I did a quick test with normal and gloss layers to decide if i was going to use them or hand paint the lights. I didn't like it.

So i started painting the volumes with an overlay layer with white brush, as i saw here
This is the first layer of white, to get the overall volume. I will add another one with the highlights.

Here is some test i made with stencils to add a little texture.

And some color variations

That's all for now.

That's the purpose of this thread: ask you guys some tips about painting the texture and get some critics too. So, feel free to say what you think, please.

Replies