Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Wonder woman- Illustration

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Mehran Khan polycounter lvl 9
Hi guys,
A fan art illustration that I just finished, for the artofwonderman.com contest. It's 6k rez so it took me a lot of time to get it right, and even though I wanted to work on it more my pc gets very sluggish with the ginormous PSD that I have of this, (having only 8 gigs of ram might also be the reason :D ) . Any way C&C are welcome
closeups.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey this looks great. Love the coloring and palette.

Compositionally it could use more of a focus. My eye darts around and can't seem to find a place to rest. Various parts are all kind of the same contrast/brightness/saturation.

There's also an issue with the background pattern. It doesn't help the eye flow to what's important. One fireball seems to hang behind her rear, while the rest seems to point to the upper end of the blade. I feel like the background elements should lead your eye towards her face, or perhaps towards her core.

Her pose is a little difficult to distinguish. The only indication I have is the top of her skirt, which says her right leg is raised. But everything else about her legs makes it look like either leg could be raised? I'm not sure about the solution here though.

Overall though it's a striking piece. Kudos on the rendering!
  • Mehran Khan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks @Eric Chadwick , yeah the focus issue is something I am going to be focusing on next, and yes I could not fix the leg :\ oh well will keep on trying , really appreciate the detailed feedback.
    -thanks
  • Mehran Khan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh I just noticed that I am on the front page ... thanks admins :) you made my day.
  • adamtm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adamtm null
    Hey,

sorry to be harsh here in my very first post, but isn't basically all the anatomy wrong in this picture?
    The legs are definitely too short for the torso and the head is too small.

• Mehran Khan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @adamtm
    thanks for the feedback, hmm  I do remember doing the looms-head measurement to specifically  not have that problem but I dunno. might have got it wrong.

and ref here
    http://s25.photobucket.com/user/volume7/media/reference/bodyfemale.png.html

• lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Legs do look short, I think you have to take perspective into account when you count the heads, we are kind of looking down on her i feel. also she might be the correct hight, head wise, but her hips might be a bit low, making the legs shorter.
  • purehilarity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    purehilarity polycounter lvl 6
    I chopped her up a little in Photoshop just to show you. I think her torso is way too long and her legs too short. Here's my take, but I am not an expert on anatomy at all!

• Munnimun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Munnimun polycounter lvl 2
    I feel like you could give her upper legs some more muscle definition. They look off with how defined her arm muscles are. I also feel the cloth makes it very hard to distuingish at first glance which leg is the one up front. Shading looks really nice, but a bit too stiff here and there (cloth skirt specifically). :smile: