Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cruel head

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
Hey, a while since I posted anything here, I spontaneously felt like making some kind of human model since I haven't done one in quite a while. I wanted to make it resemble cruelty, I don't know if it's getting it across a.t.m. but the challenge is to make it resemble this concept or emotion rather than following a reference though I am geting some inspiration from this guy https://www.artstation.com/artist/verehin. I hope I don't sound too pretentious but I think it's the best way I can describe what I wanted to do.

I want it to be more chaotic and disturbed than what it currently is but I have thus far reserved that for when I go into asymmetry. I'm also not really happy about the front, as you can see the profile is a bit more twisted looking than when it's viewed from the front. Tell me what you think!  :)

Replies

• kohg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kohg polycounter lvl 9
    This is like something out of a tool video meets Snoke
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Btw, does anyone have a nice matcap they like to sculpt with, I'm currently using the one called gray and I find it ok but I see people going on about how you should use better materials than the standard zbrush matcaps but they never say what they think is good.
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, continued to work a bit on this one, started going into asymmetry, feedback appreciated!

• Kihlstrand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kihlstrand polycounter lvl 7
    Hey Maxilator!

It's a nice start!

I'd recommend using the "Basicmaterial" for sculpting, it gives you a clear understanding of the form and you change the angle of the light anytime to check the model. It's nice to try out new matcaps now and then, but I personally never sculpt with any other material than "Basicmaterial".

Hope it helps!
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Maxilator!

It's a nice start!

I'd recommend using the "Basicmaterial" for sculpting, it gives you a clear understanding of the form and you change the angle of the light anytime to check the model. It's nice to try out new matcaps now and then, but I personally never sculpt with any other material than "Basicmaterial".

Hope it helps!
    Ah, thanks, I've used it before for plainer objects but applying it to this I can see that it's pretty good, seems to give a certain clarity to the shapes, I'll give it a shot!