Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Please constructively critique my character design and 3D model

jkx
jkx
null
Offline / Send Message
jkx null
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time posting. I love the polycount network for so many reasons, one of which is the great feedback offered by the community.

The following is a character I designed for a MOBA style game. This character is a tanky sort of healing unit, looking roughly like a Saint Bernard breed of dog.

I digitally sketched the concept then built the high res model in Zbrush using zspheres as a base. I then retopologised, created UVs in Maya and had a ball painting away in Substance.

The topology might not be great, I was guessing. Does anyone know a good resource?

I would appreciate any feedback to help improve both the concept and build.

Replies

• jaker3278
    Offline / Send Message
    jaker3278 polycounter lvl 8
    Good job on pushing through and getting it completed, so many times you see just a clay render. I think you should do another project right away and learn from this one. I think you need to develop your zbrush sculpting because things like the hands are very undefined. 
  • Loomz
    I like the fur texturing and the colours look like the ones on my bull dog. The feet and hands are a bit chunky, like jaker3278 said, maybe look into making your hands a little more defined.