Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Adventures in substance - substance progress thread

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
gibson543 polycounter lvl 13
Hey there guys, been a while since I've posted here, been super busy with school, but the summer's started, and I can now dedicate way more time to game art. I figured that the best use of my limited time would be to learn substance, as it has pretty much solidified itself as an industry standard software at this point. 

The first texture I created was used with the aid of the tutorials of Hugo and Rogelio, so thanks to those guys, those tutorials were incredibly helpful to me, and I learned a lot in a pretty short period of time. 

This texture is the result of my first real attempt at substance. As far as firsts go, I'm pretty satisfied with it overall.

Now, this is my current WIP. It's a pretty standard, generic brick wall texture. As of right now, I've put most of the work into the grout, without touching the bricks much, minus some slope blurs and noise. If you guys have any thoughts, I'd love to hear em, thanks for looking!

Edit: And about five minutes after updating the thread, I've already found something I like better haha. Played with the grout some more and made it more solid with a lot fewer recesses. Looks better, I think. 

Replies