Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Steam Tutorial - Medieval Blocks - Substance Designer procedural material

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
bugo polycounter lvl 17
Hey guys, wanted to share this here and get your guys support and feedback, let me know what you guys think and ideas of a next tutorial, would be good to know what you think it's cool to do next.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/441450

Replies

• Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Looks great!, I'll take a look at the video and reply when I got some feedback :)
  • myclay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    myclay polycounter lvl 10
    Is it available outside of Steam? My internet connection isn´t that great to stream Steam videos.
  • bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    for now it isn't.
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got so far got through almost the first two videos, already I would say it's worth it.

Just that you use fx maps and explain parts of how they work, is great, it's one of those things that can be difficult to find practical resources on and I know I'm going to use it in my own graphs :)

Don't have many complains, at least not so far, the only thing I thought of was turning of your phone, didn't bother me to much so it's nitpicking.
  • Aabel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel polycounter lvl 6
    Awesome work Bugo! thanks for taking the time record this and share it!
  • bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    I got so far got through almost the first two videos, already I would say it's worth it.

Just that you use fx maps and explain parts of how they work, is great, it's one of those things that can be difficult to find practical resources on and I know I'm going to use it in my own graphs :)

Don't have many complains, at least not so far, the only thing I thought of was turning of your phone, didn't bother me to much so it's nitpicking.
    Haha, indeed, was right in the first minute of video. I felt bad, should have re recorded that part. I'm glad you liked it tho. Leave your questions here if you have any.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    saw this on steam today and wondered how the hell do you submit a tutorial to steam? lol
  • CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    Hey Hugo, I'm still sitting on a Substance Designer 4 license here, which I'll eventually upgrade once I can justify the cost. I'm interested in checking out your tutorial, but was wondering how much it relies on SD 5 features?
  • BradleyWascher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradleyWascher polycounter lvl 13
    saw this on steam today and wondered how the hell do you submit a tutorial to steam? lol
    Ditto I have been thinking the same thing for a while now haha. 

• bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    Hey Hugo, I'm still sitting on a Substance Designer 4 license here, which I'll eventually upgrade once I can justify the cost. I'm interested in checking out your tutorial, but was wondering how much it relies on SD 5 features?
    I think the only thing u will be missing is the fxmap random inputs, I don't use beveling, neither distance nodeso or vector warps on the video so besides that u can still learn from it. What you may have to do is a random fixed rotation of your stones and some masking to get variation in between fxmaps. Sorry it may sound complicated but the video explains what I'm typing here.

As for the tutorial being on Steam, Valve sends an "invite" per say. Not sure if I can talk about the process.
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Bugo Watched more of the videos today, and I had no idea about picking gradients from the screen, that is a life saver :D
    Don't know why I never tried out that button before :/

• garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    Awesome! I'll have to check this out.
  • maxivz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    I have bought this tutorial around a week or so, I would really like to recommend it to anyone trying to get deeper into substance designer. Hugo has illuminated me into the world of FX maps, he explains everything really nice. Awesome content.