Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Space's corner

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
SpaceRogue polycounter lvl 3
Hey guys, just as many Ill be posting things here for crits and progression to hopefully improve a notch. 

current project, a sci-fi Egyptian themed environment 
(ZbrushGuy and boxdog are placeholders) 

assets 

Older works 
miniature isle

Minecraft styled assignment 

Lego jeep

DOTA2 ish character assignment

model

Replies

• SpaceRogue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Today's endeavor, despite not feeling stellar 

• SpaceRogue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    one of the fanart thingies, thought I'd give Marmo a swing 

Some more work on the Sci Fi Egypt project

• SpaceRogue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pardon the sizes but I'd like to update some of the finished works before heading on the next (personal) project now I finally have time for that. 

Sci fi environment 

• Leinadien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leinadien vertex
    The egyptian room seems to have only one light source, the one above the bird at the end of the hall, yet the whole room seems well lit. There's a white highlight along the path leading up to the bird yet there seems to be a ceiling that would block any of the light coming from outside. The blue outlines seems to not emit much ligh at all, this is probably how they would realistically look.
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8F5QYiG5A4o/maxresdefault.jpg

The whole scene is too bright, but it's a very cool looking scene. :)
  • SpaceRogue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leinadien said:
    The egyptian room seems to have only one light source, the one above the bird at the end of the hall, yet the whole room seems well lit. There's a white highlight along the path leading up to the bird yet there seems to be a ceiling that would block any of the light coming from outside. The blue outlines seems to not emit much ligh at all, this is probably how they would realistically look.
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8F5QYiG5A4o/maxresdefault.jpg

The whole scene is too bright, but it's a very cool looking scene. :)
    Very good point, I'll be working on it thank you !
  • SpaceRogue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darn, I haven't gotten back to the Egyptian room, my bad. (kinda tegnical difficulties but those are sorted now, fingers crossed no more random laptop freezing) 

Either way, 3D crash course schools over, and been busy on my own projects learning Blender, Substance painter, a bit designer,and U4E. I'v also learned not to take on large projects as a noob. One of the studio's I'd like to apply for as intern has a group of people working in U4E for VR short movies, luck happens I'm very interested in working with U4E.

U4E grass tests for a previous idea, not exactly game friendly tho.

beginner Blender experiments 

I am a huge (Bethesda's) Fallout fan, while I'd liked to do a foggy sea scenery like Far Harbor, I eventually put that idea on the shelf due its size. And went for one of the metal offices you can find in factories n such, as it looked like a great way to get into a combo of U4E / Substance painter and maybe a bit of Designer. 

General game refs, tho I'm using real life ref as well of course, that's why the barrel ended up very very rusty looking compared to the F4 one.

slightly older, combo of Max and Blender,  I will be making more 'junk' assets to dress this up along the way.

didn't set up any fancy lighting, but some more Blender. 

Start of puzzling things together in U4E with some dim test room, I think I'll be better of if I make some ceiling lamps to get a better view but thusfar this has been working out very well to fix mistakes that arise and just generally get the feeling that its going somewhere, witch I really needed at that moment. 

self critisism thusfar; 
    - The cubboard hanging on the wall is a low version and honestly I don't think this was a good idea, I will be replacing this with the high version seen in the asset render above, I'v decided framerate is not an issue in this project. (so far its for film and render) 
    -pin board material is really not up to par and definitely needs pushing 
    -Desk edges are far too clean, it's looking far to 'new' atm ,needs more wear n tear. 
    - less rusty barrel variants. 
    -again, make cieling lamps

- ???