Home Adobe Substance

Exporting Substance Painter 2 Materials to UE4

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Puzzledust polycounter lvl 4
Hi,

I apologize if this has been covered, but I haven't found any info on this topic.  I want to export a Substance Painter 2 Material (not a textured asset) into UE4.  Basically I am setting up layered materials in UE4 and I want to recreate a tile-able repeating version of the materials I am using in Painter 2.  I know how to export the masks and set it up in UE4, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to export my materials as tile-able 1024k maps.  I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any help you might have.

Also, I am aware that Allegorithmic is adding an automated feature in the future for this workflow, but I need to do this now, if possible.

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    If the materials you are using are substance files (.sbsar), you can find them in your shelf and import them directly in UE4  after downloading the free Substance plugin on Epic's marketplace.
  • Puzzledust
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Jeremie,

Thank you for the reply!  I'm a bit of a noob at this so I apologize if it has been covered before.  Would this work for scanned materials as well or just procedural?  When I import them directly into UE4 do they automatically tile and are they adjustable in scale?
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Hi Jeremie,

Thank you for the reply!  I'm a bit of a noob at this so I apologize if it has been covered before.  Would this work for scanned materials as well or just procedural?  When I import them directly into UE4 do they automatically tile and are they adjustable in scale?
    I believe all the scanned textures are tiled so, yes in that case.
  • Puzzledust
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Jeremie,

I believe all the scanned textures are tiled so, yes in that case.
    Thanks, I'll be trying this out soon.  I just joined Substance Live.