Answered: Quixel DDO 2.1.5 DynaMask problem :(

Hak
Hak
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Hak polycounter lvl 3
I think dynamask is broken in 2.1.5 

1. Just add simple Smart Material ...

2. Enter dynamask editor and paint some mask, then apply it.

3. Re-Enter dynamask editor for additional painting and you will be surprised. Your mask is f...d up. Anyone got this problem ? Everything seems ok in 2.1.4

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Click Clear in 3DO before you paint - that's currently the workaround for this issue. We've resolved this internally and should be pushing out a new build soon. :smile:
  • Hak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hak polycounter lvl 3
    Thank you Jonathan for your feedback !
  • Thane-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thane- polycounter lvl 3
    Oops, nevermind. 
  • Mathew O
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mathew O polycounter
    Any chance this will be patched in soon? I'm having to avoid any custom painting because of it :(
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Yes, fingers crossed on this week!
  • versan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    versan polycounter lvl 3
    Why 3d painter cannot work as a simple manual layer/mask adder ? This would allow to modify this layer manually into photoshop if needed and to not being "surprised" by a "byebye dynamask..."
    Actually the only way i've found to work correctly with 3dpainter, is to paint in a duplicated layer of my current material (duplicated and cleaned up), then copy the mask created with 3dpainter into photoshop (Ctrl+Clic on the mask, then copy) and past it into my first material layer as a dynamask "custom paint layer". Then i can delete the new duplicated one and redo this workflow every time i need to add informations.
    i've lost 2 or 3 work before finding this "workflow", but that do the trick.

I think you're going the wrong way with those last updates, making 3do a so hard add was not a good idea, i think.
    Just adding it as a "3D view layer and painter" would have been better, before going further.

But hey, without those bugs, your Suite Rocks ! ;) Wish you patch this once and for all !

Hak : sorry for the troll on your post.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    +1
    I was told this was a linear/gamma space conversion issue and was even given a hot-fix patch (that didn't work) to correct this.
    I, and my entire department, eagerly await a fix for this irritating bug.

• StevenTB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StevenTB polycounter lvl 7
    Where....might the clear button be?
  • Biscin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biscin null
    Click Clear in 3DO before you paint 
    You need to make the instructions clearer.

It has been over a month, still nothing in terms of implementing the fix? This is more pressing than getting in new features guys.
    Also a list of known issues would not go amiss. Google turns out no results for such page if it exists - seems like an oversight.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Clear in 3DO appears when you're painting, which is the only time you'd be able to adjust the mask. :smile:

The fix has been implemented. As noted in a couple of other threads, we're doing some final tests to ensure that an issue like this doesn't sneak past us again. If you'd like to try it out, you can find the link on the Quixel Tools Group. If you're not a member already, join up and I'll approve you immediately. The patch isn't ready for a widespread public release yet, so we're keeping it in the Tools Group until we're satisfied that it's ready for everyone.
  • Thane-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thane- polycounter lvl 3
    Try the paches guys, they work great for the most part. RC1 left me with no problems except for some very infrequent hiccups. Just make sure to backup your work.
  • Biscin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biscin null
    Most people in my parts are not on FB and with recent rules changes cannot access the page. Open up more venues to your customer.
    A download link would suffice, if you may.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    The patch is not ready for widespread public release, so we keep it in our Facebook community until it's ready for release. It's partially to avoid fragmentation and to avoid creating situations where we're stretching support thinner. When the next pre-release is ready, I'll post it here, and shortly thereafter we'll see the public release of 2.1.6.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience!