Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Slot-cars racing game - student seeking for feedback

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
another caveman greentooth

Oy!

Last Sunday, I started working on this school assignment.

I have to make a race-game in Unity 5.
I chose to work on Slot-Cars. The track would be surrounded of toys, and house furnitures etc, in a simple living-room or kid room. I was thinking of Malcolm in the Middle's kind of house. Simple sunny lighting, with very sharp contrast.

I am very interested in the Unreal engine as well, and I do plan to make an Unreal version as well, which, I think will be more appropriated to the kind of render I am looking for.

I actually had that track myself, and it's still somewhere at my parent's house. I always wanted to play it on screen.

I am looking for feedback and critics from professionals game-artists, if you guys could check this out and share your thoughts I would be really glad! (and amateurs too, of course) Thank you very much

It's a very first practice for game-ready assets that I can actually show without hiding the glitchy part, I really want all of it to look like an actual game.

I'd like to thank Ben Bolton for sharing his work and helping us all out, it's been great help and inspiration for this

Baked with xNormal and textured with Quixel/Photoshop. Going with the Maya Bullet engine for breaking lego bricks and kaplas.

I am currently on a two assets a day workflow.

References and assets will follow.

Adrien

Replies