Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Charlize Theron - Furiosa - Likeness study

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
Hello everyone

I mostly work as an animator or modeling armors and fantasy creatures for Dota and I belive that made me a little rusty in anatomy, so I decided to study it again and get even deeper by trying to achieve a more relisting result.

I tough it would be easier =]

Since it was just a study I was not planning to share, at least not the wip.  But after struggling for months in between projects, I decided to post the work in progress to get some feedback and improve the learning process
Here is the actual result

and  a bigger version

I am fairly new to likeness so any feedback of things to fix/change , even smaller ones, will be helpful 

Here is how it was in november when I tried to fix by adding hair =]

Replies

• Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trying to get that eyebrow to work
    Now I am using nhair on Maya

What you guys think? should I make the hair thicker? any other suggestion?

I am not liking the skin texture so I will probably rework them and rebake over the weekend
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some of the strands of the nhair were a little out of the mesh, probably because I generated 2 strands for every curve imported from Zbrush, and this was even more noticeable with the shadows not matching them.  so I decided to try the Maya Xgen

The result seams much better since it needs to have a mesh for the hair to use as a base and them use the curves to guide the growth. It also gives me more option like some more randomness via expressions and more control over the width

• Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A little more progress over the weekend. Did some accessories and eyes
    I was planning to go full body but I decided to focus more

Still some work to do on the highpoly, and after I need to rework the lowpoly on maya, rebake everything, continue the work with hair and start painting the maps

Seams like it will take more weeks to finish =]

• nickcomeau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nickcomeau polycounter lvl 4
    The likeness from the front angle is looking good so far, it's a bit harder to tell how the 3/4 view angle is looking likeness-wise. Do you have a reference you were going off of for this angle? Oh and when you take the screenshot you should move the zbrush cursor off the screen ;)