Home Unreal Engine

UE4 blurry textures

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Solu9 polycounter lvl 8
Heya

I was setting up a small scene in UE4 when I noticed my textures seemed rather blurry.
After some searching I found some answers. Texture Streaming and mip map was the top responses. However it does not seem to affect my textures the slightest.

As you can see in the picture below the textures are all blurred out, more than they should, and some places the normal map seems completely off.

I have been thinking it might be the unwrap. But really. Each wall section type has its own texture and right now they are 2k each.

Anyone got a suggestion to how I get rid of the blurriness?

Picture:

Replies

• Finalhart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finalhart polycounter lvl 6
    Try to use texture coordinates inside the Material Editor to increase the textel density, it's usually that so you can try it first.
  • EliasWick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EliasWick polycounter lvl 9
    Hey, there are some parameters that you can play around with in the texture editor window. You can change the filter type in here to Nearest instead of what it is. This will make sure that the texture is crisp and not blurry. Remember that you have to create a completely new material for it to take effect (you can also import the texture again.) Other than this try adding a texture coordinate in the material editor. There is a keyboard shortcut for that, if I am not mistaken... I think it is "U" and left click in the material editor.
  • Dadinhu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That could be the angle of view is activating the mipmap, or your unwrap is too Small, take a look in your mesh UVs