Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: nDo Painter, no normal

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Prime8 interpolator
Hi Quixel

I'm creating a new project in NDO, add multi-normal and activate painting, but I can only paint normal "colour" instead of the actual normal information.

Mask view

Painting in sculpting mode is not an issue.
Some support would be appreciated, probably I'm just missing something.

EDIT: I just figured out it updates when I press shift-space twice, though the windows are flickering like crazy, probably the focus is jumping between photoshop and 3DO, quite annoying.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    SHIFT+SPACEBAR will indeed apply the paint you're working with. For a list of hotkeys in Quixel SUITE, check this out. :smile: 
  • Prime8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prime8 interpolator
    thank you for the link.
    I don't know yet why I had to press it twice. On a new layer it didn't happen.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I imagine there's some latency - I've experienced this myself. Not sure what's causing it. I'll let our programmers know. :smile: 
  • PlateCaptain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm having the same issue - I can paint in NDO Painter, and hitting N to hide the blue works nearly instantly, but Shift + Space does nothing, even if I hold it for 30 seconds or longer, or hit it multiple times. Also, when I zip the multi-normal up and exit Painter mode, nothing happens - it's as if I didn't create any normals at all.

Am I just doing something wrong?

This is in Quixel 2.1.4, CS6, Windows 10, 4790k/GTX970.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    If SHIFT+SPACE didn't apply normals for you, closing nDo Painter won't do anything besides close the painter tool. Make sure you've opened the MultiNormal group, select the layer contained within that has a mask, click nDo Painter Mode, and then paint the details you need. Press SHIFT+SPACE and it should apply. If it doesn't, try again a few times until it takes hold. I think there may be a GPU lag issue involved, so turning off post-processing while working should help with that.