Home Unreal Engine

[UE4] Creating a game

GoossensJohan
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
GoossensJohan vertex
Hello there

My name is Johan and as a small project I'm gonna be making a game in UE4 using the blueprint system. So let's get this thing going shall we!!!

---------------Concept---------------

3rd person game.

Dungeon crawler where the player shoots basic bullets when he enters the dungeon level.
Each enemy drops a special orb that can be collected. At the start of your dungeon there is a little critter who’s your pet. The critter can be fed these orbs and will change in size after eating an orb. The critter will have an orb count above its head telling us how many orbs it has currently eaten.

The level has scales spread around it. Each scale requires a certain weight, this weight can be established by feeding the critter the required amount of orbs. Once it has eaten the required amount, it can be pushed upon the scale to activate certain areas. If you overfeed the critter you will not be able to activate the scales and thus have to start over.

Once the final scale has been activate a gate opens and the critter gets reset to his default size.

---------------Style Guide---------------

The image above is my style guide. I'll be attempting some sort of handpainted textures. Though I'm still not very sure about it and we'll see how it goes a long the way. The crate in the image was a quick little test I did ( the other images are reffrences I found on google).

---------------Planning---------------

--------------Mock-Up----------------

The image above is a little mock-up that shows what camera angle and functions the game will have. None of these are certain decissions yet, and can thus be changed a long the way.

Well that's it for now, I will be updating this thread below. Feedback is welcome and very much appreciated!

Replies