Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Dynamesh Polygroups leave Holes in mesh

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
MisterSande polycounter lvl 8
Hey all, its been a while since I have used Zbrush and are wondering what I am doing wrong here.

I extruded a simple primitive and polygrouped them to represent vertebrae. I then wanted to use the Dynamesh "group" split function to split all the polygroups into their own vertebrae.

What im left with are ugly jaggies and open holes.

http://i.imgur.com/u9vZV3i.gifv

Replies

• Internet Friend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Internet Friend polycounter lvl 9
    I'm not sure how you made your polygroups, but try this. Select the Slice Curve tool. Turn on polypaint colorize for your subtool (the brush icon in the subtool palette). Slice to make your groups and Dynamesh with Groups on to split them.

Having polypaint on causes the slice tool to group the new surfaces it creates with the existing ones, preventing holes when dynameshing and slicing repeatedly. 
  • BucketOfNuggets
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BucketOfNuggets polycounter lvl 6
    Were there any masks active when you did it?
  • MisterSande
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MisterSande polycounter lvl 8
    I'm not sure how you made your polygroups, but try this. Select the Slice Curve tool. Turn on polypaint colorize for your subtool (the brush icon in the subtool palette). Slice to make your groups and Dynamesh with Groups on to split them.

Having polypaint on causes the slice tool to group the new surfaces it creates with the existing ones, preventing holes when dynameshing and slicing repeatedly. 
    Selecting the Polypaint colorize did the job! thank you very much Friend.

@ LanceUppercut,
    Thanks for the input as well! I was actually working with masks so there might have been some conflict when i used dynamesh.