Home Quixel Megascans

In-progress: Custom Export profile always exports AO

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Funky Bunnies polycounter lvl 17
Hi guys, I've set up the previous Quixel suite to export through our texture pipeline and get it into our engine with packing and stuff using the really robust calibration files Quixel's provided.  I had a few questions as I migrated it to work with Quixel Suite 2.0.4

The problem I'm having is no matter whether I return null when the AO map is being processed, the suite will always export the AO map.  I tried this on other default profiles that use case "AO": return null; such as the Unity 3.jsx profile with the same results.

would love to get this fixed as we have a pretty strict texture processing system in place! :smile: 

or if im just doing something wrong.  Thanks!

PS - I noticed we need a sidecar project definition xml for each export option now.  Is that just so itll show up in the initial project-level 'project presets' or does that actually affect the export profile? just wondering how to leverage the new system :smiley: 

Replies

• floon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    floon greentooth
    Bump

I have the exact same problems/questions! Any news here?

• floon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    floon greentooth
    Hey Funky!
    I found a quick hack to supress general ao export (since one can't apparently disable it per profil):

Check our the ...\Quixel SUITE 2.0\script\presets\Workflow\common\functions.jsx
    in the 6. line, you can disable the ao export by changing the true to a false
     var g_ExportAO = false;
    Hope this helps!

Ps.: An official statement would still be great!