Home Technical Talk

I could do with a solution to this Zbrush topology/projection problem.

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Kogoshi polycounter lvl 2
Ok, so I'm currently retoplogising my sculpt and I totally made my life harder by modeling a characters clothes connected to his body, and I didn't realise how much of a mess I had made until it was kind of too late.  

Basically I decided to carry on sculpting after spending some time trying to "save" the collapsed part of the mesh (it happened a little bit under the arm pits too) - and deal with it later, well now I have to deal with it and I'm not sure what to do.  

Is there anyway I can project all of the detail apart from the collapsed part of the sleeve? the image above is using quite low projection values to lessen the effect, when I up the strength to get a desired result, it turns into a trainwreck (see below).

So what's the best way that I can fix this? I was hoping after fixing the geometry after retopologising it would just "go away", but it looks like I can't retopologise my problems.   

Any ideas? :)

(Here's the finished sculpt for anyone interested, I also don't know why I sculpted the belt onto his tunic either...I'm learning)

Replies